Customer Service 866.965.0400

New fender flares, should I ???

wsmithduramax

Question

Hey everyone, got a quick question I hope, I recently had some new fender flares painted and I'm getting ready to install them, but upon removing the old ones I have some light scratches and some heavy scuff marks that I would like to correct by doing a a paint correction first.

My question is would it be safe to do my paint correction and then apply the fender flares after the correction and finishing polish? Or will I have adhesion problems, The other way I thought of aproachjng it was to re clay bar where the double sided tape attaches, or should I just correct/polish and then wipe with alcohol wipe to help the tape stick?

Also I want to do the polishing with the fender flares off the truck so I don't have to worry about getting anything on the flares that would prevent them from fully curing seems how they were painted 2wks ago.

Thanks in advance

Wes

4 answers to this question

Wes,

Do the paint correction, including sealant. But, you will need to fully clean the area before applying the flares. If they attach with double back tape I would clean the adhesive area fully to remove any sealant, maybe even lightly scuff it with scotchbrite or similar, then wipe area with a IPA or similar.

Others will probably chime in later.

Bruce