Customer Service 866.965.0400

Safe Temperature Storage

Cwilliams

Question

So I just bought my first house. Not a very big house but it did come with a storage/shop. It does have a window unit but it is to expensive to run constantly. I live in West Texas and temps are about to reach the 100's. I have all of my detailing supplies stacked on a shelf organized neatly but I'm worried about the heat. I have a fridge plugged in the shop that is currently empty and was debating on putting chemicals inside of the fridge. Would that be okay to store chemicals in a running fridge? Of course I wouldn't make it freeze but turning it down to around 50-60 degrees?

5 answers to this question

Personally, I would recommend to move them inside to a basement before putting them into a fridge. Normal room temperature would be better than 50 degrees. The only products I specifically refrigerate are my Americana and Patriot Waxes. Every winter and summer, I move all of my chemical products into the basement. Prolonged exposure to extreme cold and heat can reduce the shelf life and effectiveness, so I would say anything below 45 or above 80, move them inside.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/17083-faq-do-the-products-have-a-shelf-life/