Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick? Do I pull the trigger?

jackdurkin63

Question

Whats up Guys, 

Was just wondering for some input on the sidekick, I always glanced over it but now with the sale going on the price isn't really that bad, There are parts of my truck like the grill inserts, engine bay, and other small places that can hold water and there really a pain in the butt to get dry. Im sure there is a thread just like this on here but just wanted some feedback. Anything would be much appreciated!

Jack 

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the Sidekick.  I just received mine and wow, so much power from such a small package.  I will never dry without it.

A thank you to Joseph at Adam's .com.au for getting this out to me.  It took a while to get here but was definitely worth the wait!

30873509794_6d700914a8_z.jpg

Edited by avimore

A black, Black Friday-themed Sidekick? I like it (really like this version of the logo). I haven't sprung for one yet, and don't see it on the USA site - did you buy it off the .com.au site?

I had to pre-order it direct from Joseph due to the Australian 220 volt and plug conversion. 

The Sidekick on the .com.au website is shown with the standard Metro Air Force Blaster Sidekick logo.  Surprisingly my Sidekick came blank with no logo whatsoever, so I just added the Adam's Black Friday sticker (which I really like also).

Would love to get a MB, but I highly recommend the Sidekick if you're not looking to spend that much.

Edited by avimore

I've had a Sidekick for a few years now. I like it, but best for "trouble" areas like mirrors, etc. I love it for doing the Harley though, it's perfect.

This year I picked up the Master Blaster Revolution and it's amazing. I guess using the Sidekick, and then an electric leaf blower convinced me I would get my money's worth out of it. Makes drying the vehicles a breeze, pardon the expression.

Bruce

Hi Guys my sidekick is on the way this week... got it for $54, and free shipping with last weeks sale!!!

Question about the hose attachments, do you notice a drop in pressure or does it still do the job ok? I figure it might be safer to work around the car with a hose rather the blower it self. I am hoping this is much quieter then the 2.5 gal air compressor! That thing is sooooo loud.

Hi Guys my sidekick is on the way this week... got it for $54, and free shipping with last weeks sale!!!

Question about the hose attachments, do you notice a drop in pressure or does it still do the job ok? I figure it might be safer to work around the car with a hose rather the blower it self. I am hoping this is much quieter then the 2.5 gal air compressor! That thing is sooooo loud.

I've added the Metrovac hose attachment that comes with their Vac 'n Blo small vacuum to the Sidekick before. It's about 19" long. I did notice a considerable drop in force of the air coming out of the hose compared to the small rubber cone nozzle that the Sidekick comes with. It still works well, but it's not nearly as forceful of a blast of air.

I had a sidekick, then picked up a MB and sold the sidekick. I've been thinking of picking up another sidekick just because sometimes it's easier having a smaller blower than dragging the MB hose all around the garage.

I had a sidekick, then picked up a MB and sold the sidekick. I've been thinking of picking up another sidekick just because sometimes it's easier having a smaller blower than dragging the MB hose all around the garage.

Do it. I won't give up my sidekick even though I have a MBR. The sidekick is the perfect interior blower. Use it all the time. I'll also use it if I just want to dry some wheels or whatever. Endless uses. Both machines have a place in the shop.

Do it. I won't give up my sidekick even though I have a MBR. The sidekick is the perfect interior blower. Use it all the time. I'll also use it if I just want to dry some wheels or whatever. Endless uses. Both machines have a place in the shop.

Now that I got rid of it I agree! When I bought my MB I thought I'd have no use anymore for the sidekick

Now that I got rid of it I agree! When I bought my MB I thought I'd have no use anymore for the sidekick

Guess you were "2quikta" get rid of it, then...   ;)

I love my Sidekick, by the way. If anyone is on the fence, jump to the side of "buy it." You'll be glad you did.

I haven't used mine on a car yet... I use it to clean up after woodworking, before painting.. to dust the house..LOL wife loves that..not really, blow out nooks and crannies inside car... blow dust bunnies from everything!

I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions on this thread.  I ended up getting the Sidekick and had the chance to use it today.  

Couple of notes:

• I love this thing.  It puts out a lot more air then I realized.  

• Getting into the cracks is so helpful especially before waxing/polishing. 

• It's definitely well built. 

• It's not too loud, but if you have sensitive ears you may need protection.  I measured the sound level which peaked at around 95 DB (close to the unit) and hovered around 80-85 DB at about an arms length away. To give you an idea, 90 DB is about the sound level of a hair dryer; 93 DB is about the level of belt sander and 98 DB is the equivalent to an hand drill.  -Taken from NIOSH Also, the sound level measurements were taken with a NIOSH app on my iPhone.  As it's not 100% accurate, it's pretty close.  

• The power cord is 18 gauge (I confirmed with Metro) and I ended up getting a 25' extension cord/14 gauge, which is perfect to get around my garage.  

• Using the Sidekick and the Great White MF towel dried the car really well.  (There was less water on the towel afterwards.) And no water run off!

• All in all I'm happy with the Sidekick.  Once my car is waxed I'm sure the water will bead off a lot better while using this.  It would be tough to do an entire car with it, but I knew that when purchasing it.  

Hope this helps anyone interested in picking up one of these!  

Well thanks guys! I'm now thinking this would be nice to have! Since I G&G after every wash, this would be nice to use after and follow right behind with the G&G towel!!