Customer Service 866.965.0400

All purpose cleaner uses

ragin_cajuns

Question

24 answers to this question

I also watched a video and it can be used on certain types of wheels that are maintained regularly so that you don't have to break out the wheel cleaner. This will save you a little cash.

What video might that be?  On the Adam's site?  Don't' recall seeing that one.

on white chucks why didnt I think about that!

And yes you can use it to clean your wheels, just make sure AS ALWAYS when cleaning wheels you are cleaning them out of the sun and on completely cool wheels and they dont dry.

It will strip all protection but can be used in place of Wheel Cleaner if needed.

Wow look at that throwback!  Yes APC was the preferred wheel cleaner before Green Wheel Cleaner (discontinued) and Deep Wheel Cleaner (now superseded by iron removing wheel cleaner)

If you want a strength for maintenance, which is not super strong yet a bit stronger with some bite to clean wheels, and don't use Wheel Cleaner regularly, use a bucket of suds with 1-2 oz of APC in it.

However I've remarked my regimen quite often and I seal the wheels every 2-3 months or so, so I just use Wheel Cleaner at that cleaning session (saving it otherwise for paint decontamination) and then maintain with just a bucket of suds+brushes+woolies in between

I buy it by the gallon, the 5gal is not THAT much better of a deal (also counting into that storage issues and use time) plus its always easy to add into an order to get that free shipping. 

The gallon with the 16 ounce free bottle is actually cheaper per ounce than the 5 gallon.

Jesse,

APC can be used on the plastic trim to get out stubborn stains, and heavy dirt.

You may not need to use it at full strength, you can dilute it, and I would try that method first.

^this. I usually dilute it 4:1 or 3:1 for interior soiling. Always test on interior surfaces but this is the same directions as the LI&C

So can you use APC for the interior?? like use it to get stains out or like scuffs on plastics? I know they have products for that but has anyone tried APC for the interior before

I would use extreme caution if you are going to do so. Test a very small area first because being a degreaser It may pull the color out. I would definentely dilute it down to like 3:1 or 4:1. I work with a guy who used a degreaser product on a truck at work to clean the interior surfaces like door panels, dash, etc and he completely destroyed the finish. If you do it correct I am sure you will see some good results.

I just post from my experience. Diluted down in my experience apc is safe on interiors. LIC is very high pH and to my knowledge has a degreasing agent in it (oils on interior) so just do your own testing. Obviously if you have LIC use it but going off Dylan's old dilutions thread APC is definitely something when used at light strength will work on interior cleaning.

Solvent degreasers and water based degreasers are two totally different animals.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I think I might use more APC on pre-treating spots on microfiber towels before washing them than anything else.

I was wondering this as well.  Would letting your heavily soiled microfiber towels soak in a bucket of water with some AP cleaner do as well or you think spot treating right before washing is better?

Edited by ragin_cajuns

I was wondering this as well.  Would letting your heavily soiled microfiber towels soak in a bucket of water with some AP cleaner do as well or you think spot treating right before washing is better?

I know a lot of people soak their microfibers with some dilution of APC or microfiber detergent.  I don't merely because I have about four classes of microfibers that I wash separately and I don't feel like having four separate pre-soaks going on.  I do think that soaking is probably a bit better, but I've had good luck with just spraying with a pre-treatment before laundering.