Customer Service 866.965.0400

The New Flex XFE 7 -15 150!!

Chris@Adams

Question

Guys & gals did a little testing with the Flex XFE 7-15 150, got out my ole trusty door panel did a little sanding. Wow within 5 to 10 minutes I had her from sanded to shine.

I did two passes with the Orange Gen5 pad along with CP. Two passes one step and look at the results.

Very nice polisher, comfortable to use.

Check out the pics!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

21 answers to this question

Just noticed this new machine yesterday, anybody know how it compares to the rupes 15?

Before pulling the trigger on the Rupes 15 Mark II, I read some reviews elsewhere on the net compared to this new Flex. The new Rupes was still preferred from my reading.

Guys & gals did a little testing with the Flex XFE 7-15 150, got out my ole trusty door panel did a little sanding. Wow within 5 to 10 minutes I had her from sanded to shine.

I did two passes with the Orange Gen5 pad along with CP. Two passes one step and look at the results.

Very nice polisher, comfortable to use.

Check out the pics!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Chris, I am a huge Flex fan and presently have a 3401, your thoughts and differences than the 3401. Looking to pick up another machine.

That looks great Chris, size wise how does it compare to the 3401 ? Price ?

The XFE7-15 body is about 2" shorter in length when compared to the 3401 VRG due to the new rubber grip design above the backing plate. I plan to do some extensive testing with mine this weekend, so I will post up my thoughts and impressions as well. I took a few pictures just now to show the machines next to each other, lining them both up by the beginning section of the power cord:

20160408_090024_zpsgeiuzglr.jpg

20160408_085927_zps27tjhaab.jpg

20160408_090007_zpsl9nqjaod.jpg

The XFE7-15 body is about 2" shorter in length when compared to the 3401 VRG due to the new rubber grip design above the backing plate. I plan to do some extensive testing with mine this weekend, so I will post up my thoughts and impressions as well. I took a few pictures just now to show the machines next to each other, lining them both up by the beginning section of the power cord:

20160408_090024_zpsgeiuzglr.jpg

20160408_085927_zps27tjhaab.jpg

20160408_090007_zpsl9nqjaod.jpg

Thanks Dan I was going to take some pics of the two when I got home from work.

Jimmy the xfe-7 is completely different than the 3401.  The 3401 is forced rotation random orbital while the xfe-7 is a long throw DA that is comparable to the Rupes.

I am looking forward to seeing the results from Dan. I know the 3401 is the detailing beast for swirl removal, was wondering if the new cuts as well. Looking for something a little lighter, but if the results aren't as good in the same amount of time, I'll stick with the old version. I have two PC's as well. 4 inch pads on one and 6.5 on the other for basic stuff like applying sealant etc to give the Flex a break as well. Will keep an eye out for the results.

I am looking forward to seeing the results from Dan. I know the 3401 is the detailing beast for swirl removal, was wondering if the new cuts as well. Looking for something a little lighter, but if the results aren't as good in the same amount of time, I'll stick with the old version. I have two PC's as well. 4 inch pads on one and 6.5 on the other for basic stuff like applying sealant etc to give the Flex a break as well. Will keep an eye out for the resul

Not much different in weight.

3401-· Weight 5.75 lbs

XFE- Weight 5.2 lbs.

I believe it has more to do with carrying 3 different size polishing pads, than the country of manufacture  Now just 6" pads for PC and Rupes 15, and 4" pads for Cyclo and Rupes Mini.  

Edited by mc2hill

Well I can add a little to this topic. I purchased the XFE from Adams in April. Did a couple small areas twice with no problems. Last weekend I went to tackle my entire truck. The polisher got so hot that it melted the plastic behind the backing plate. Would no longer spin freely. I know Adams hasn't had this polisher available since shortly after I purchased it. I contacted flex and they are having issues with the XFE currently. They sent me a shipping tag and are sending me a check for the purchase price. Their engineers want the unit for evaluation.

20160809_193747.jpg

Edited by 14MegaCab