Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes 15 on the way!

hemi1300

Question

Since correcting season is right around the corner, I said hell with it and ordered the rupes 15 mark II. Already have the rupes mini, which I absolutely love for small areas, and the cyclo, which does an ok job but seems to take a few passes to correct medium scratches. If the rupes 15 performs just like the mini, which I would assume it does, I can't wait to try it out! Hoping it performs a bit better than the cyclo

9 answers to this question

The LHR15II is my personal favorite tool in the line right now. You won't be disappointed!

A tip for you - REDUCE YOUR SPEEDS! The Mark II 15 saw close to a 40% increase in power over its predecessor and as a result your typical working speed needs to be setting 3 or 4, then jump to 5 or 6 when you need added torque to maintain pad rotation on curves.

It's a big departure from what you may have been coached to do with all your other machines, but with the new power levels you can cook some pads if you run wide open all the time.

We set a new standard for polishers with these tools and as a result we're retraining a decade + of bad habits. Think of it like a car:

When you drive you don't floor it everywhere. You drive the car at some percentage lower than 100% throttle to get where you're going. You floor it to go up a hill, pass someone on the highway, or outrun the cops ;)

You 15II is the same way - only punch it full throttle when you need it. Enjoy!

I researched the Rupes 15 Mark II to death and have one on the way as well. I'm glad I held off on ordering until Adam's began to carry it; love their customer service! I'm excited to get it and do a full detail of our vehicles. My Tesla has some deep abrasions on the rear passenger side. I have no idea how they got there, but I want them gone!

Thanks for the informative post dylan, makes me feel better about my purchase bc I was second guessing myself a bit if it was a smart move or not. Depending on how I like the new rupes, may sell the cyclo if I end up strictly using the rupes, time will tell

Also curious, is the microfiber cutting pad needed much with the rupes 15? Obviously I will try the foam first, but just wondering, with the extra power of the mark 2 if the foam will correct majority of imperfections

Also curious, is the microfiber cutting pad needed much with the rupes 15? Obviously I will try the foam first, but just wondering, with the extra power of the mark 2 if the foam will correct majority of imperfections

IME, yes.  While the Rupes 15 MkII corrects faster and smoother, it still needs the proper pad/polish combo.  

Last weekend I was testing polish and pad combo's on the hood of my wite's silver Accord.  I started with Orange foam and CP, but had to step up to a MF pad and CP to remove the scratches.  I was able to finish that down without an extra step though.  The placement of the speed control really makes it easy to move from correcting speed to finishing speed.

Edited by mc2hill