Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sometimes a two bucket wash just feels right

kesmit

Question

I have a very garage kept 2011 BMW Z4 that I generally only take out if the weather is nice.  I hadn't had time to get it out much during the week and was feeling the itch to drive it, but there was light rain in the area.  I figured it was worth risking it.  Needless to say, I did see rain and got the car pretty filthy.  Normally I can get away with a waterless wash, but this was far beyond that.  It was definitely on the far end of rinseless territory, but I figured I'd just go all out and do a two bucket wash on it.  

It had honestly been a few months since I'd done a two bucket wash the Z4, so I broke out the foam gun and all.  While I really like the convenience of waterless and rinseless washes, sometime it's just a cathartic experience when you take your time and do a thorough job.

5 answers to this question

^i do rinseless washes all winter and it gets my wheels 98% as clean as if traditional washing, just need to get your hands a bit dirty or get creative to clean out the barrels.

If the temps are favorable though I'm always preferential to traditionally washing the wheels and tires.

^i do rinseless washes all winter and it gets my wheels 98% as clean as if traditional washing, just need to get your hands a bit dirty or get creative to clean out the barrels.

If the temps are favorable though I'm always preferential to traditionally washing the wheels and tires.

I do the same.  The wheels on the Z4 are so open though, I can easily reach the entire barrel by putting my hand between the spokes.  I usually wipe them down with a waterless wash every week and they look great for the next week.