Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex XFE vs Rupes 15 Legacy

Just curios if anyone could chime in on how the new Flex compares to the Rupes 15 Legacy (not the mark 2). I understand it's brand new and chances are this comparison is one that will not be common since there is a mark 2 out. Just wondered. Thanks for any input.

Someone just posted something similar the other day. Before ordering the Rues 15 Mark II, I researched the new Flex as well on other forums. The general consensus is that the Rupes 15 Mark II edged out the new Flex, and that the extra power of the 15 Mark II was especially helpful on edges etc, and was preferred. Google it and you should also find the results that I did.

Edited by Steve_S

The Flex XFE is the new kid on the block - the Rupes 15ES is the reigning champ - do you want Apollo Creed or Rocky?  Both great fighters - IMO choose the one that you like the warranty, company support, etc, and correct me if I'm wrong but the 1st gen Bigfoot is probably priced 25% lower than the XFE if thats a factor.  You can't go wrong either way.

Both will correct beast mode -

Edited by Ricky Bobby

... correct me if I'm wrong but the 1st gen Bigfoot is probably priced 15-20% lower ...

With the release of the Mark II tools the LHR15ES (Legacy model) was reduced in price and you can expect to pick one up for around $299, so a little more than 25% less expensive than the competition. The LHR15II (Mark II) gets the additional +/-40% power and improved ergonomics for around $399 at most distributors, meaning you can buy a 15mm Bigfoot on price or power, either way you get a great tool for your budget.

Edited by Dylan@RUPES

With the release of the Mark II tools the LHR15ES (Legacy model) was reduced in price and you can expect to pick one up for around $299, so a little more than 25% less expensive than the competition. The LHR15II (Mark II) gets the additional +/-40% power and improved ergonomics for around $399 at most distributors, meaning you can buy a 15mm Bigfoot on price or power, either way you get a great tool for your budget.

Thanks D for chiming in!  Looking forward to seeing you in Jersey in a few weeks - with the MKII release I havent been following the changes in the lineup but WOW and you're right if you can get the OG Bigfoot for $299 now that is amazing.

So with that being said, IMO the Legacy is the better value - now if the OP changed this thread to XFE vs MKII - I think it would be a better comparison with the price points being within $10.