Customer Service 866.965.0400

Preparing for first paint correction, looking for any advice/tips!

LS1SSChris

Question

Hey everyone, brand new to the forums here but not to Adam's. Have always been a huge fan and it's all I have used on my car, always keep it waxed with Buttery wax and use the detail spray after washes to give it some extra slickness/shine. To the average eye, I would say my car looks pretty decent, however I'm ready to take it to the next level with a good machine polish, so I bought the Adams basic PC polisher kit. 

Here's what I have in my head thus far: 

-Wash with dawn 

-Claybar

-One pass with Correcting Polish on Orange pad

-One pass with Finishing Polish with the White Pad 

-A coat of Buttery Wax applied by hand to protect

-One coat of Detail Spray to add even more slickness

This sound about right? Willing to take any criticism or tips before I tackle this, I will be taking my sweet time with it as I do have a garage to work in and it isn't my daily driver so anything else I need to buy or is recommended I'm willing to add on. Trying to get the best possible results out of what I have.

Here's the car! It's an '02 Camaro SS in Sunset Orange Metallic, 30k miles. Trying to get it as shiny as I can before all the shows start! Thanks for any help guys! 

IMG_1397_zpshhlhnwh7.jpg 

IMG_1173_zpssmjpvxer.jpg

IMG_1392_zpsiyqjuput.jpg

You can probably smear your whole bottle of polish on the windows and be able to remove with a scott towel. Won't be an issue at all

thanks for the reply...appreciate it..will get to work on my car this weekend

Hey quick question. Did you tape off any plastic trim before you corrected and polished or did you hit it with vrt or in and out spray like adam shows in his videos?

I prefer to tape the trim.  Also tape emblems with sharp edges and rubber gaskets around sunroofs & windows.  It helps keeps the pad cleaner.