Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you wash the top?

SS LeadFoot

Question

23 answers to this question

Unfortunately you either have to get taller, get a work platform or use a competitor's wash mitt on a pole thingie. I've done just that with my wife's old TBSS, Booboo van and the new Beast with no issues. Slippery step ladders and I are an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by Captain Slow

post-13391-0-57155500-1460679462_thumb.jpg

black friday special. I have two. one for each side. I wish they were just a tad longer because if I don't get them placed EXACTLY right, I end up having to move them....

The roof of this car has never been polished.... I do clay and seal it though. too much dang real estate.

These platforms gave me the extra reach I needed when polishing the roof on my Camry. 

I wash the back half of my cab by standing in the bed of my truck and wash each of the front quarter standing in their respective door jamb so I am close and don't have to worry about scratching the paint. I always save the interior portion of my regimine for last (often the next day) so I can clean where my dirty shoes were.

I will usually open the door and stand on the door sill and wash that section of the roof. For the section behind the doors on large suv's or a truck with the cap on the bed, I will use a step stool to step up onto the tire and then clean that way, holding onto a roof rail with one hand for support if the vehicle has one. If the rear bumper has a step area, I will use that as well, just be careful not to slip off anywhere and hurt yourself or put a knee into a panel and dent it.