Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finishing polish vs movement speed

AvsBest

Question

I have someone who only wants a "good polish" as correction is not required on his paint and sealant. He basically wants to bring the paint to its full potential. My thoughts are: Wash, Clay, PFP, Sealant and maybe add a layer of Buttery Wax if I feel generous that day.

Given that I will be using PFP only for its "bring the paint to its full potential" values and not for its paint correction values, I was thinking I could probably go twice as fast across the panel with my Flex 3401 vs the speed I usually go with the PCP.

Thoughts?

5 answers to this question

If it's not black you could really wow him and do one step and one pass with orange foam and correcting polish. It finishes down LSP ready on 98% of paints in my experience.

See if you can sell him on $50 bucks more for a bit better result. It won't take you any more time

Always do a 2x2 test section so you will know what it's going to take to get your paint perfect.

Some clear's respond to one step polishing, some will take two steps. If the car is a darker color you may apply a coat of BG on her to make the paint pop.

He didn't pay for paint correction so he's not getting that. Unfortunately the only product I am not fond of is the brillant glaze, I traded it for something else. I'll try buttery wax in the next few days and see what I think of it. Could be just a matter of not being good at hand polishing.

I haven't found an answer on the movement speed but given that I don't care about correction on this one, I'll go for twice as fast and see where I end up.

If correction is not required then I wouldn't even use PFP. That's really the point of using it to begin with. But as for your question about the speed, I do not think you can "hurry" the flash time. The working time is the working time with the polishes. The diminishing abrasives need time to finish down. So you would basically be stopping short of allowing that to happen and my bet is you would be doing more harm than good. Although you hate it, BG would be the better option to use with the red pad and a little bit of pressure. I just glazed a truck the other week and it brought out a good shine with little effort.