Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I apply Guard and Gloss with a waffle drying towel?

daleong

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if I have to use a plush microfiber to apply Guard & Gloss while drying my car after a wash or I can use a waffle weave drying towel instead as it picks up much more water?

Thanks for the advice here.

11 answers to this question

I would not use the Great White drying towel for several reasons. I like to use the plush grey border-less. 

After the HGG is applied, there will not be as much water left to remove, so the drying towel is actually way big for the job. The HGG would almost certainly stain the DT, hence my use of the grey towels. 

I would recommend using the plush towel to apply the G&G too. 

I use G&G as part of my Rinseless wash routine.  I wash the section, spray G&G, wipe with a damp plush towel, and dry with a Waterless Wash towel (same towel as the GWDT, just cut smaller).  You could do the same with a regular 2 bucket wash.

Apply with the plush - however I have done like Michael and when used with rinseless washing, have dried with a 16x24 waffle weave and a spritz of Detail Spray to remove any GG residue and leave it streak free and looking gorgeous.

Apply with the plush - however I have done like Michael and when used with rinseless washing, have dried with a 16x24 waffle weave and a spritz of Detail Spray to remove any GG residue and leave it streak free and looking gorgeous.

I do the same, the waffle weave and detail spray to knock down any streaks left from the Guard & Gloss. Very easy and looks great.

My best results, by far, have been spritzing GG on, then using a single soft towel to spread/apply GG. Then using a double soft to buff dry. I never use more than one of each towel on my car. Caveat here is that I always apply GG in the shade. If you are applying GG in the sun, you may need detail spray to assist with removing streaks.