Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hose, hose reels and nosels

ragin_cajuns

Question

So now that I am washing my truck and wife's SUV more I realize what a POS my hose, nosel and hose reel is.  The hose kinks up too much, the nosel leaks and the hose reel is a cheap plastic POS.

What set up is everyone using or recommend?

Thanks,

15 answers to this question

I have a Parker 50 foot and 25 foot hose linked together, very nice quality. Right now I just roll up the hose and lay it inside the detached garage or under the steps of my deck, but I might eventually get some type of reel setup.

As for the hose nozzle, I use the Foam Gun nozzle attachment, or sometimes I will use an old firehose nozzle attachment that we used to offer. It would be really cool if those came back some day :secret: 

I have a Goodyear rubber hose (50 ft. + 25 ft together), and Craftsman rubber hoses with the same setup.  From what I have read Goodyear makes the Craftsman rubber hose.  I have had them over 5 years and they are working fine.  

Disclaimer:  We don't much cold weather. so I don't know how they work in the cold.  I leave them outside all the time.

I recently installed a Strongway hose reel. Very sturdy. I am using a Craftsman 75' black rubber hose and thumb-lever Gilmour nozzle.

00B56380-699E-41F5-B108-FC58345C7EAE.jpg

Hey Chris

How is it holding up mounted to the brick? I need to attach mine to a brick wall also. Could you explain how you mounted yours? Thanks.