Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water/soap level

chops1sc

Question

I'm looking for some opinions on how much water and soap you like to have in the soap bucket. I usually blast the water into the bucket until the suds just start to come out of the bucket then I put the nozzle down into the water to try to make less suds. I always end up having to add more water for the second half of the vehicle and these suds seem to be less concentrated (if that makes sense).

Do y'all try to put more water in from the start or do you just add water like I end up doing when needed?

14 answers to this question

I fill mine at a sink in my basement about 2/3 of the way full.  Then when i get out to the truck, I spray into the bucket with the hose to make it just a bit more sudsy.

If I do what you are saying, I have the same issue. That can be remedied by filling the bucket with the nozzle under water to stop creating suds.

I use about 3 gallons plus add more if needed of if the soap settles or suds go away.  My method is:

1. Put my Grit Guard and Wash Pad in the bucket

2. Add about 2 oz of Car shampoo and 0.5-1 oz of Rinseless Wash on top of the Wash Pad

3. Spray the Wash Pad with high pressure until the suds reach the top of the bucket

4. Wash the truck until I either have no more suds or water level is too low

5. At this time I put a new Wash Pad in the bucket and create more suds (Not adding more soap, just water)

Seems to be pretty effective and I don't have to try to overfill the bucket the first go around and gives me a good stopping place to switch Wash Pads.

I see what you are saying. I have been trying to make myself change pads for the bottom half anyway. This might help me associate time to change pads & add more water/suds.

Thanks!

That's exactly what I do.  I start at the top of the cab, then windows and pillars, then top of bed/door panels/fenders/hood.grille and by then it's about to re-suds the bucket and change the Wash Pad.  The method I use usually results in a a concentrated solution for the first portion of the wash but when I add water to create more suds, it doesn't become overly diluted.

1 oz, to 2 gallons of water for me.  GG in the Rinse bucket, commando in the Wash bucket.

^ You're saying you only use 1 GG total?  

Not about to blast, just clarifying,

Correct.  I have 4 GG's, but only use them in the Rinse bucket (Shampoo or Rinseless wash).

I often wash both vehicles with one bucket of Rinseless wash and it is clean enough that I do not worry about the 2nd car.  Just change the Rinse bucket (where all the dirt went).   

I use about 3 gallons plus add more if needed of if the soap settles or suds go away.  My method is:

1. Put my Grit Guard and Wash Pad in the bucket

2. Add about 2 oz of Car shampoo and 0.5-1 oz of Rinseless Wash on top of the Wash Pad

3. Spray the Wash Pad with high pressure until the suds reach the top of the bucket

4. Wash the truck until I either have no more suds or water level is too low

5. At this time I put a new Wash Pad in the bucket and create more suds (Not adding more soap, just water)

Seems to be pretty effective and I don't have to try to overfill the bucket the first go around and gives me a good stopping place to switch Wash Pads.

Rinseless Wash in with the regular shampoo?  What for?

I have 2 bottles of rinseless wash from MBs that I have no plans for.  Might have found a use.

Rinseless Wash in with the regular shampoo?  What for?

I have 2 bottles of rinseless wash from MBs that I have no plans for.  Might have found a use.

I use it because I have a crew cab long bed 3/4 ton truck that takes some time to get through a full wash so by the end, the soap has settled some and becomes less 'slick'.  The Rinseless Wash adds a lot of lubricity and keeps the Wash Pads gliding across the paint very well.  Also, Car Shampoo does not contain any wax additives but the Rinseless Wash does so even after washing it leaves behind a finish already similar to finishing with detail spray.  

I also use a variety of Rinseless Wash dilutions for pre-soak treatment, waterless wash spray, and clay lube.  Rinseless wash is a very versatile product and I use it for just about everything but actually Rinseless Washing the truck.

Check out the file I have attached for some useful dilutions with Rinseless Wash and I think you will be happy with it's performance.  It can really go a long way and is a very cost effective product.

Dilution Ratios.pdf

Edited by James__

I use it because I have a crew cab long bed 3/4 ton truck that takes some time to get through a full wash so by the end, the soap has settled some and becomes less 'slick'.  The Rinseless Wash adds a lot of lubricity and keeps the Wash Pads gliding across the paint very well.  Also, Car Shampoo does not contain any wax additives but the Rinseless Wash does so even after washing it leaves behind a finish already similar to finishing with detail spray.  

I also use a variety of Rinseless Wash dilutions for pre-soak treatment, waterless wash spray, and clay lube.  Rinseless wash is a very versatile product and I use it for just about everything but actually Rinseless Washing the truck.

Check out the file I have attached for some useful dilutions with Rinseless Wash and I think you will be happy with it's performance.  It can really go a long way and is a very cost effective product.

Now that's some good stuff right there! Awesome. Very much appreciated.