Customer Service 866.965.0400

Poop

Marcos

Question

So I just washed my car, next morning had a spot of bird poop on the hood.  How do you all remove bird poop without washing the whole car again just to hold me over until the weekend?  

I was thinking a little diluted APC or soak it with detail spray?  Maybe waterless wash?  

Any advice would be nice. 

7 answers to this question

I recommend blasting the affected area with the stream setting on our Waterless Wash and then gently wiping the area with a waffle weave Waterless Wash microfiber towel, as Matt demonstrates in our newest Volume 10 Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBrfTI_ckK8​

It's never a good idea to let a bird bomb sit on paint for any length of time if it is at all avoidable - they have acids and other nastiness that can also strip wax protection and damage clear coat, so keep that in mind too.

Search Larry Kosilla's video on poop on youtube as this is the best video for bird poop removal yet:

Mod edit: I understand there was informative intention behind it, but again, please no direct-linking to competitor products. Please use the YouTube search if you want to see this video. Thank you for understanding -Dan

*My fault Dan, I know he used a competitor product but wasn't showcasing it and more for the technique - sorry about that*

Waterless Wash should be used in place of his spray wax - and the key is patience, a wet microfiber, and plenty of water

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Thanks everyone, will do this when I get home today.  I just noticed it this morning when walking into work so no chemicals with me.  

I have some waterless wash so will use that with the waffle weave. 

WW is your best friend when you get bird bombed, spray a good bit let it set a minute to soften then gently dab to get the worst off first and keep turning your MF to a clean spot until it is completely removed.

If it has been on the paint too long and leaves a mark, Revive polish will do the trick!