Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlamp on Snapchat

VMRamos

Question

So on today's Snapchat story of Adam's Polishes(Follow them if you don't already) there were filming the testing and comparison of different products.

And Kerwin was shown on camera as doing the testing and he was wearing a headlamp. Coincidentally, I have been researching headlamps the past few days and I was wondering if anyone knew which headlamp he was wearing?

I know I can just buy a hand held light that are already proven to find swirls, but wearing it on your head seems so convenient as you're making each pass with your polisher. If I could work in sunlight, I would. But my garage doesn't have the best lighting and I'm trying to find something that can aid me for when it gets dim.

So far, I have learned that the amount of lumens don't necessarily matter, but instead it's the temperature of the light. Around 5000K seems to mimic the way sunlight illuminates and there are not very many headlamps that are marketed with their temperature rating. So I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with headlamps for finding swirls or knows which headlamp Kerwin was wearing?

Edit: Maybe I should have put this under General Detailing Discussion and Questions. My bad!

post-13561-0-14090000-1461195668_thumb.png

Edited by VMRamos

4 answers to this question

Other than adams, I also have a slight addiction to flashlights as well. No clue what headlamp that is, but I have been using zebralight headlamps for years and they are great lights. The one I lastly bought is awesome, runs on one 18650 battery, over 1000 lumens and their head straps are extremely comfortable that u don't even notice the light on your head

http://www.zebralight.com/H600-Mk-II-18650-XM-L2-Headlamp-Cool-White_p_130.html

As I was researching, I came across that exact headlight and saw that people wrote great things about it as well. Seems like I'm going to need to invest in that then, as I live in a college and I can't really take a big lamp set up with me as I detail. This seems very convenient! Thanks for the suggestion!