Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC on tires, with sealed wheels?

Joeinmo

Question

Alright, I just spent a ton of time last weekend polishing, sealing and waxing the Fiancé's Citadel. Along with that I cleaned and sealed the wheels. I usually clean the tires with APC but I'm wondering what effect does the APC overspray have on the paint sealant on the wheels and for that matter the painted surfaces around the wheels that catch some APC mist?

5 answers to this question

APC overspray on the fenders or quarter panels is less a concern than the sealed wheels. My recommendation is to spray the APC on the tires first, then scrub them and rinse them, rinsing the wheels really well to avoid APC running onto them with the water. Then wash the wheels.

A good sealant isn't going to be compromised by a little APC running over it. If you agitate APC on a sealed surface, then I would re-seal afterwards as a matter of course.

Hot Tip: On sealed wheels, maintain with GG after washing. Works a treat.

I seal my wheels frequently (every 3 months or so) and the overspray of apc is not a problem for me. However I do spray the apc on the tires, scrub and then rinse off the tires before I start cleaning the wheels.

Sealing with LPS on a microfiber designated for wheels?