Customer Service 866.965.0400

International shipping

Hi

Could you please look over your international shipping alternatives as the ones you have today is crazy expensive. I have no problem dropping money on car care products but when the shipping is +$100 for a few small bottles and some wash pads it's not funny anymore. I regularly order stuff to my car from many US dealers, I have one order coming right now from another dealer for example at $500 that is bigger and heavier than the example above that's costing me $34.99 in shipping.

I have no problem waiting 10-14 days for shipping.

So could you please look it over, I really love your products and would buy tons more if shipping cost was justified. I know there's a dealer in UK but unfortunately they doesn't carry all your products and what they have are often in short supply. And they are slow to add new stuff. I have bought from them before and have had no problem with them as they are service minded and all but that doesn't help when their stock is empty.

Janne

Janee - this isn't really the appropriate venue for this type of customer service. I would strongly suggest sending an email to Orders@adamspolishes.com and letting the customer service team work with you. You'll get much more expedient service and personalized attention going that route.

International shipping is not cheap and especially from US to the EU - aren't goods shipped to the EU subject to a 20% VAT or something? I'm sure that's factored in and if it's a large order of chemicals take into account the weight since it ships by air.

All in all I would not expect detailing supplies to be cheap to order across the pond.

I've bought a few things from the UK before and usually about 50 bucks just to get things like car parts etc

Oh I have mentioned this to them numerous times over the years but somehow this single question seems to pass them by when all other questions have been answered. Well they have kinda answered one time by referring me to the EU dealer.

I don't want to pick a fight or start any trouble, as I said Adam's products are superb and I would love to buy more from them but the shipping options are off the charts. I know for a fact there's better options available and this is a plea to Adams to look it over as I know they read this board. I strongly believe they would sell more abroad if they did.

@Ricky: taxes and import costs are added over here when I pick the parcel up, it's not part of the shipping cost.
I know air is expensive but there's cheaper options by boat available. I wouldn't mind 2 weeks shipping if it would cut the cost.

Edited by Janne

The cheapest you're going to get with any shipping when it comes to international, is parcel post.  Maybe call them, or email them with a list of what your interested in and see if they can't give you a shipping price for parcel post for the weight of the products you want over the phone.  

The link below may be able to help you too when it comes to shipping charges internationally.  

https://ircalc.usps.com

I have never spoken any English so I wouldn't feel comfortable with calling them but thanks for the suggestion.
I thought I'd give this a shot since this part of the forum is for feedback and company input so if it works, great. If not, well at least I gave it a shot =)

The other option would be to talk to some of the EU dealers and see if they can help you out some. If I remember correctly there are at least 2 dealers in EU? I am sorry that I dont remember which members here they are thou. 

How about asking the dealer that you deal with to order your stuff for you next time they place an order with Adams?  Honestly parcel post through the USPS is going to be the cheapest route when it comes to shipping your product to Europe.  It will take a while, but you will eventually get it.  I have worked in the shipping industry for 26 years.  

Maybe send them an email to orders@adamspolishes.com requesting the product you want and ask how much it would cost to send it parcel post to your address.  Make sure to specify parcel post.  They are really good to work with.  Explain that your looking for the cheapest route when it comes to shipping.  

@Ricky: That's the benefit of living in a country that subs movies instead of dubbing them, and when I write I have the time to think what to say.
@pirahnah and LF: I tried that ones but that dealer ordered like 2-3 times a year from the sounds of it. I don't mind waiting for things but that was a wee bit to long =)

I've been a customer for almost 2 years and I live overseas, I always order from Adam's and my orders gets delivered to a US based merchandise forwarding company which consolidate all my orders from different websites and ship them to me for a reasonable price.. Look up MyUS and get a membership..