Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex 3401 is hard to use

chevyfreak06

Question

Ive tried to master this buffer but I just cant seem to get it down. Ive tried all diff pads and backing plates with no luck. Its never even detailed a whole car yet because it wears me out. Any tips guys? I may just sell and get a rupes 15 have the mini and its amazing.

6 answers to this question

Had similar issues with the Flex. My advise, use the factory backing plate, after market plates get bad reviews and tend to fail easily. The amount of power a Flex has with the forced rotation makes it harder to control, go slow and be sure to hold on but not too tight. If you white knuckle it your hands will hurt and your arms will get sore faster. I was able to get good results and finish full details without getting worn out as much with the Flex over time. However I ended up buying a Rupes DA and it is my go to polisher for everything. I only break out the Flex when a panel or vehicle is completely trashed and needs the extra strength or when fixing deeper scratches/swirls.

There are no tricks or anything like that, just takes time to get used to. I also recommend NOT using full flat faced pad, they seemed to be more prone to wobbling.

Edited by Kingsford

It takes practice! I went from using a PC and then I got a job offer (detailing) and they only used the flex and it was a little hard to use but they made sure when i wasn't working that i was using it on a junk hood. It takes time and I can now use it just fine.

BUT i just 20 minuets ago ordered a rupes 15 from Adam's :)