Customer Service 866.965.0400

FLEX XFE7-15 .... any tips?

initial e

Question

I didnt want to thread jack the other Flex thread so I'll start this one. I'm retiring my PC for limited use now and just scooped up the Flex XFE7 after reading some great reviews on it over the interweb.  

Does anyone else here have some advice or comments on this polisher? 

Edited by initial e

5 answers to this question

Yeah... Just use it. I am brainless noob with respect to using polishers and I just used it to polish and seal a brand new 2016 M3. It was incredibly easy to use. Smooth, light and very quiet. I will never use my hands again with the exception of about 5% of the hard to get to area of that car. I had always been a little intimidated about using a polisher but the Flex XFE 7-15 was really really nice to use. Just keep it flat to the surface you are working and don't let the pad get too close to a body work edge. I just got a feel as to how close I could edge with the pad and it worked out nicely. Great great product and very happy with it. I can tell this is an extremely well made piece of gear that will last a long long time. I hope Flex will introduce a DA mini because as soon as they do I will buy that too. I wish I could post more tips or critique but it really was easy to use and took virtually zero time to dial in a technique to use it. It just felt right from the beginning. The thing is so smooth that I felt comfortable one handing part of the carbon fiber roof with sealant. Sounds dumb but applying the menzerna powerlock sealant with the foam pads required no pressure and the Flex is extremely smooth and easy to control. I know it sounds kind of risky but the polisher was so easy to control that I felt it was a safer choice than sticking a step stool or ladder next to the car. Bad things happen when ladders are close to cars. It worked great and I would do the same thing again with this polisher and sealant. One hand paint correction definitely not! GREAT POLISHER.

Edited by Calpilot7

This is good! I'm pretty excited about getting it.  Thanks for the insight on it 

Yeah... Just use it. I am brainless noob with respect to using polishers and I just used it to polish and seal a brand new 2016 M3. It was incredibly easy to use. Smooth, light and very quiet. I will never use my hands again with the exception of about 5% of the hard to get to area of that car. I had always been a little intimidated about using a polisher but the Flex XFE 7-15 was really really nice to use. Just keep it flat to the surface you are working and don't let the pad get too close to a body work edge. I just got a feel as to how close I could edge with the pad and it worked out nicely. Great great product and very happy with it. I can tell this is an extremely well made piece of gear that will last a long long time. I hope Flex will introduce a DA mini because as soon as they do I will buy that too. I wish I could post more tips or critique but it really was easy to use and took virtually zero time to dial in a technique to use it. It just felt right from the beginning. The thing is so smooth that I felt comfortable one handing part of the carbon fiber roof with sealant. Sounds dumb but applying the menzerna powerlock sealant with the foam pads required no pressure and the Flex is extremely smooth and easy to control. I know it sounds kind of risky but the polisher was so easy to control that I felt it was a safer choice than sticking a step stool or ladder next to the car. Bad things happen when ladders are close to cars. It worked great and I would do the same thing again with this polisher and sealant. One hand paint correction definitely not! GREAT POLISHER.

My post above was a little confusing with respect to the edge comment. I wrote it poorly but what I meant to say is since it is a long throw DA (orbital), if you get the edge of the pad too close to a raised portion of the cars body work it will make contact with it as the pad orbits back and forth. The foam pad I used was larger than the backing pad so I could get close to raised body work since there was excess soft foam pad. Don't get overly close or the hard backing pad can make contact with bodywork. Again, way easy to use and I am really happy with it.