Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax right after Paint Sealant

AvsBest

Question

I'm taking solely about the shine/gloss properties here, not the protection.

Is it worth putting a coat of buttery wax after the paint sealant has cured (1 hour) to add shine or is it a bit of a waste of time.

Let's say that I get a shine level of 5 with paint sealant, where is the buttery wax going to bring it? If it's a 6, I won't bother... It would be on a purple car by the way.

Before you say it, I tried brillant glaze and wasn't a fan so I don't have it. I might re-try it at some point but that's another story. I also don't have americana or patriot.

I tried buttery for the first time today and while the paint is the smoothest I have ever touched, the shine factor was pretty much the same as it was before. I sealed the vehicle 2 months ago, haven't washed it since, washed it today then tried buttery. Super easy to work with though, did the whole car in 30min without a sweat. I do take into account that it is a light colour which is why I'm still happy with it

Before and after pic:

post-12101-0-97097300-1461557898_thumb.jpeg

I would say keep waxing, and apply glaze before shows.  The truck is outside during show, and wax will provide protection.  Add BG for a quick boost to the shine.

I'm almost out of my old machine super sealant but I also have the new paint sealant. I know the cure time of the new one is much shorter than the other one.

Question: If I want to put brillant glaze on top and don't have the luxury of waiting the next day to put it on, can I still use the machine super sealant, wait an hour and put the BG on top or do I really have to use the new one for the short cure time?

subscribed for when I detail my white car....looks like G&G is the way to go for us white car guys......but in what order are you guys doing these things?  theres just so much product out there that it can get confusing on what to apply and when.

Edited by clg82

subscribed for when I detail my white car....looks like G&G is the way to go for us white car guys......but in what order are you guys doing these things?  theres just so much product out there that it can get confusing on what to apply and when.

^^Clay - bi-annually or quarterly depending on environmental fallout

Since you have a white car just put a coat of sealant on every 6 months and maintain with GG monthly - you'll have a ton of shine and an amazing amount of protection on there.

If you use paste wax apply it whenever you'd like as a topper.  glaze whenever you'd like if you use it.  Both aren't "necessary" on a daily driver especially if already using Paint Sealant + GG on a white car.  you'll already have such a blindingly white car from that combo :)

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Hey guys ..have not been on the forum in a while due to health etc. But if I can add my .02 .. I have a 09 White Hot G8. I have to say I clay it 2-3 times a year..its a garage queen for 4 months in the winter. Its not my daily

I do exactly what Ricky has stated. After one good paint correction, polish plus sealant with my flex I maintain it with GG every other week to once a month. I will use my Americana once or twice. Once you have that luster shine in white paint you can easily maintain it. 

^^Clay - bi-annually or quarterly depending on environmental fallout

Since you have a white car just put a coat of sealant on every 6 months and maintain with GG monthly - you'll have a ton of shine and an amazing amount of protection on there.

If you use paste wax apply it whenever you'd like as a topper.  glaze whenever you'd like if you use it.  Both aren't "necessary" on a daily driver especially if already using Paint Sealant + GG on a white car.  you'll already have such a blindingly white car from that combo :)

Thanks for the input Ricky....what if I want to use Americana paste wax....if i top that with GG will that take away some of the protection of the Paste wax?

I put on BG for when I'm bored and I want to do some therapy... Lately though I've just been using buttery wax instead...

I honestly don't think one is better than the other over a very clean car to begin with. They are about to same for application. Maybe BG is easier to take off

It would be nice to have a 'Sticky' of the Uses for the different products and their proper order for Garage Queens, Weekend Drivers, Daily Drivers etc....

lately ive been washing, clay barring, then an application of brilliant glaze, followed by liquid paint sealant and topped with buttery..right or wrong, those steps seem to be gving me the best results.

The liquid paint sealant should be used first, followed by brilliant glaze, and the last step would be the buttery wax.  Once that's all done, you can apply the brilliant glaze on top of the wax for an even deeper/reflective shine.  A lot of guys will put brilliant glaze on right before a car show. 

I haven't tried the G&G yet, I want to though. I use the Buttery Wax on my DD and family member cars. I recently tried the Paint Sealant a couple months ago on a fender of my DD. It's a black car, and no matter how dirty it is. The fender I applied it to is always brighter and cleaner looking than the other panels. It doesn't shed water like it use to but, it's still there. I use the Brilliant Glaze on my TA when I'm about to go to the track of a meet. It gives a freshly waxed look, I personally love it.

Yeah, the Brilliant Glaze is really nice to use whenever you take the car out to a meet/show/track event, etc.  I just went over my WS6 a couple nights ago with some polish and last night added the paint sealant and Brilliant Glaze.  Tonight, I'll put on the Americana Wax and then Saturday afternoon I'll apply another coat of Brilliant Glaze for the cruise night event.