Customer Service 866.965.0400

Visco Clay Bar, can't use it.

I ordered the new Visco Clay Bar for my spring sprucing. I'm sad to say that I just can't use it. I've watched the video and have given it every effort. Working it with my hands is just not anywhere near as easy as regular Adam's clay. I bet it takes me 10 minutes just to get it situated on the little red "holder". I gave it every chance I could but it's a dead item for me. I may save it for use on my exhaust tips but I haven't tried it out on them to see if it works there just yet. I'll be sticking with the regular Adam's Clay.

Just my 2 cents on it.

I have the visco clay and it stretches pretty easy. Have you used the big blue clay bar and if so how easy was that to stretch/fold etc? Because the visco is waaaay easier to manipulate. I use both. If the answer is that you have used the big blue and it is easier to stretch etc then I think you might have a bad bar. But I'll let more folks chime in on this. I'll say this as well, I have really enjoyed the visco clay. I just used it on an old farm truck and it smoothed that bad boy out like glass.

Try it without the red 'interface' bar.  I like to break up my clay into smaller pieces, just in case I drop it so it is too small to use with the interface, I just mark it it with the interface bar and use it like by hand.

Maybe you are not stretching the clay enough to where you can hold the clay onto the sides of the geoimpression tool. Do you think that is possible? Please try it again, it's a great product!

I agree.  The fact you're having so much trouble is odd. 

I kinda know the feeling. I tried it on my niece's truck Sunday and it was fairly difficult to replicate the geo pattern. I gave up and used the clay like normal with good results. Probably too good, her truck is hammered. I stopped with the hood because at the rate I was going I was going to need 3-4 bars! I also feel like the bar is on the small side.

Edited by chops1sc

I had a issue when I first played with the Visco clay, not stretchy, hard to mold and it didn't want to take an impression of the tool.... and then I realized there was a plastics wrap over the clay. I got the wrap off of it and it was just like the video.

I hope I'm not the only one that couldn't tell the was a wrap on it at first.

Trust me, I tried and tried and tried. I also find it nearly impossible to get the impression into it like chops1sc said. I had to put it on the most solid area of my car and do a lot of chest compressions on it but then it would stick to the tool. Once I got it off the tool the impression was ruined. I had forgotten about that part as its been a couple weeks.

It's just an inferior product in my book. Not happy with it in any way.

Maybe you are not stretching the clay enough to where you can hold the clay onto the sides of the geoimpression tool. Do you think that is possible? Please try it again, it's a great product!

Again, that's part of my issue. Getting it a consistent thickness is just maddening. I do eventually get it wrapped around the tool but the only way it'll stay is if I bond the edges of the Visco to themselves, if you know what I mean. The roughness of the tool doesn't hold it at all.

I don't believe that the impression tool is designed to hold the clay bar on its own.  It is designed to give the clay geoimpressions and give you something to wrap the clay around, giving you a larger surface to hold on to.  The clay will still rely on you holding it to the impression tool rather than hold itself to the tool.

I don't believe that the impression tool is designed to hold the clay bar on its own.  It is designed to give the clay geoimpressions and give you something to wrap the clay around, giving you a larger surface to hold on to.  The clay will still rely on you holding it to the impression tool rather than hold itself to the tool.

You are correct the tool doesn't hold the clay on its own you have to hold the clay against the tool.

Guys don't give up, practice.

I just break the bar in half like Michael (mc2hill) - press it against the impression tool, clay the crap out of the one side of the bar, flip the bar over, make an impression in the other side, use that side, then fold, knead, and repeat. 

Using the "tool" as a holder is ok and I've used it that way too but making the impression and then using the clay traditionally works better for me personally.  I like the tool for making the impressions in the bar.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I had a problem when I first used it i couldn't stretch it and then it became a ball and I tried to Stretch it and became impossible to work with.i told Adam about my problem he sent me a new one right away and after looking at the video it works great clayed two cars and I give it thumbs up

I love the new Visco Clay bar. It's much easier, to me, to use than the big blue block and much easier to manipulate. It also picks up more contaminates than the blue brick. I've been able to get it to adhere on its own to the red block with just a bit of the clay up over the block to get a hold of. I'm not having any issues getting the geo impressions back in the clay either. The impressions don't have to be overly deep into the clay.

This is only 1/2 of the hood on my wife's Traverse!  

Visco_zpsohdme0it.jpg

Those impressions are from me, the ones straight out of the jar were not near as deep.  I found this clay to be extremely easy to work with.  What's interesting though is that the contaminants are all on the face of the clay, so I'm not sure what ends up inside the impressions.  But I suppose that it places more pressure on the panel because there is less surface area of the clay in contact with the panel. 

Bottom line, it works.....really well!

• 4 weeks later...