Customer Service 866.965.0400

scratch

ragin_cajuns

Question

This may not be the correct spot to post this but I figured the people who know the most about this may read this part of the forum.  In my effort to keep my truck from getting pounded with hail last night I managed to squeeze it in the garage.  I literally had the front license plate against the front wall and i had less than 1/2 inch for the garage door to clear the rear bumper.  In my effort to get it right up against the wall I neglected to notice that my hood was going to just barely come into contact with a metal wire basket on the front wall I store some car washing supplies in.

I ended up with this scratch.  What can be done?  I hate having a scratch, especially on a brand new truck.

post-14137-0-64136700-1461778216_thumb.jpg

post-14137-0-16464400-1461778217_thumb.jpg

All I am saying is you can bet some of these areas that I have circled may rub out.  You do not want to paint that part if you dont need to. You really just want to fill the part that is missing color.  Silver sucks !

Beyond that I am hesitant what to recommend as its always hard to tell in pictures the actual damage and I only know what I am comfortable doing which is probably not the same as others.

Were you able to talk to anyone about professional options?

post-13932-0-07587200-1462213508_thumb.png

Yeah I only plan to use touch up paint on the chipped part.  If you look at other close up pics I posted you can see where there is a deep chip.  The other scratches I am not touching with any paint.  Just not sure how to buff them out or what to use to do it.  Never did anything like this. 

I will be moving to Fort Worth for work in a couple months and can attempt to help you out if you have not had an opportunity to correct the scratches by then.  I have a PC polisher, full lineup of pads and polishes, Revive Hand Polish, and a Blue Hex Grip.  Should be able to take care of the superficial damage with something that I already have my hands on.

Edited by James__

I will be moving to Fort Worth for work in a couple months and can attempt to help you out if you have not had an opportunity to correct the scratches by then.  I have a PC polisher, full lineup of pads and polishes, Revive Hand Polish, and a Blue Hex Grip.  Should be able to take care of the superficial damage with something that I already have my hands on.

It would be appreciated if it's still there by then.  I'm sure I have a bottle of something from my MBs that I could give you for the trouble.

Thanks,