Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metro Master Blaster. Stiff hose?

Got my Master Blaster a couple days ago and finally took it out of the box today and hung it.

Dear lord that thing moves an impressive amount of air.  One motor is a lot but kick in the second and its crazy.

My only complaint is the hose seems to be super stiff. Hard to coil up neatly and not going to be able to navigate around the cars the way I would like.  Thought about replacing it with one from Festool but I dont think they have anything over 21' and all the hoses I have bought from them are expensive.

Do these things break in at all?  I tried running it with 1 motor for a while to see if the heated air would loosen limber it up, but did not seem to help.

Have not really used it except to blow out the garage so it hasn't got a lot of use yet.

post-13932-0-35396300-1461871965_thumb.jpg

Well that sucks.

Was hoping it would be more flexible than this.

I did blow out the inside of vehicle which did an amazing job and it might have been slightly better at first with warm hose but it cools down so fast that I was fighting it towards the end.

Chris, I tried that and its still hard to roll up. Seemed better at first but the hose cools down fast.

If It does not break in over time I will be searching for new hose that's more flexible.

Friends, here's a tip on making the hose easier to roll up:  Mount the hanger up at 5-6'.    This way, the loops are larger, and it's much easier to work with.  Let me know what you think, after giving it a go!

I just recently started using my Blaster. Here is my setup. I have only tried coiling the hose after it has sat for awhile. Will try to coil it when still warm next time to see if it is easier.

0428162034_zpsifafotor.jpg

As others have said, the hose is stiff for a reason. You are talking about a bunch of heated air flowing at high volume, so it is important to have a high quality hose.

I have my hanger mounted high with large loops and it works out fine.

Yea I agree that good hose is required but can assure you that the Festool hose I have in my shop is equal or better quality and way more flexible. 

However like all things Festool it is EXPENSIVE.  I just don't want to spend that kind of money  ;)

I will give it a go and see how it does getting around vehicles and if it doesn't work I will look at car wash vacuum hose or possibly pool cleaning hose.

Happy now !

Commercial hose. Not only more flexible and easier to get around the vehicle but 40' long.

Ugly blue but will have to get used to it :(

I am sure the other one would have been fine but I am all about fixing what bugs you.

Great machine overall. Great on interiors and much better than the air hose on compressor.

post-13932-0-09881700-1462394619_thumb.jpg

Edited by rrmccabe

I believe the longer hose is stiffer (thicker) because of the air that is moving thru it at high speed, I'd hate to see if the hose cracked or broke while in use!

Just remember to be holding the hose when you turn the unit on! Ask me how I know ;-)

One thing I'm going to get is a remote control for the outlet. That way I can turn it on/off without having to walk back into the garage.

I believe the longer hose is stiffer (thicker) because of the air that is moving thru it at high speed, I'd hate to see if the hose cracked or broke while in use!

I am reasonably sure this hose will be fine :D

Just remember to be holding the hose when you turn the unit on! Ask me how I know ;-)

One thing I'm going to get is a remote control for the outlet. That way I can turn it on/off without having to walk back into the garage.

I have thought about the same thing.  My friend Paul owns FastCap and sells the product below but its only good for 10 amps.  Would need something with higher current rating. It has a nice little remote that velcros on the end of the hose.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=45290&idcategory=0

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2016 at 3:42 PM, rrmccabe said:

Happy now !

Commercial hose. Not only more flexible and easier to get around the vehicle but 40' long.

Ugly blue but will have to get used to it :(

I am sure the other one would have been fine but I am all about fixing what bugs you.

Great machine overall. Great on interiors and much better than the air hose on compressor.

post-13932-0-09881700-1462394619_thumb.jpg

Bringing up an old thread. Where did you get that hose? I did find a 20 amp remote. This is the one I found:

https://www.amazon.com/PSI-Woodworking-LR110-3-110-Volt-Collector/dp/B00004S9AI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545066082&sr=8-3&keywords=remote+control+switches+20+amp

Only issue with it is the base unit circuitry is very fragile, so don’t drop it! First one got replaced because of said gravitational issues 🙄

Edited by GXPaycheck

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 10:30 AM, GXPaycheck said:

Bringing up an old thread. Where did you get that hose? I did find a 20 amp remote. This is the one I found:

https://www.amazon.com/PSI-Woodworking-LR110-3-110-Volt-Collector/dp/B00004S9AI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545066082&sr=8-3&keywords=remote+control+switches+20+amp

Only issue with it is the base unit circuitry is very fragile, so don’t drop it! First one got replaced because of said gravitational issues 🙄

Sorry for delay. Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...