Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dusty car from driving, how to wipe her down?

MSUGTO

Question

Well ladies and gents, it's been a while since I've been on here, glad to be back!

I had a quick question on how to best clean my car after it's been driven a bit and has gotten a bit dusty, gotta love a black car in west Texas! Typically I would first GENTLY go over the car with a California duster to get all the dust off the car and then wipe it down with Detail Spray.

What do you guys recommend? Going straight to Waterless Wash to lift the dust off the paint and then follow up with Detail Spray, skipping the California Duster all together? Open to opinions, thanks!

Skip the California duster all together. Use two towels, both plush and both damp.

Saturate with diluted rinseless or RTU waterless. Go over with one damp towel to get bulk, second damp towel to get any stragglers of dirt and dust. Then a spritz of Detail spray and a waffle weave (bonus points if using the plush waffle weaves) towel and dry to a streak free and clean shine.

Note that this is my ultra safe wipe down method.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

From less safe to safest:

- Waterless wash

- Rinseless wash

- 2 Buckets

Since Rinseless has been introduced, it is as low as I go now even for some dust. I only use Waterless in a pinch or if I'm going to correct the car anyways. Nothing wrong with using waterless if it's only dust though.

If you have or get Rinseless you can dilute it and make a waterless with the Rinseless too which is nice. Best of both worlds

I would also chuck the duster as far as you can

I have a Accord as a daily driver and a Jeep that gets drove on weekends and Thursday and Friday. So the Jeep gets dusty in the garage from sitting all week but I just go out early on Thursday morning before I leave for school and use detail spray and on the Windows glass cleaner. I also leave Tire Shine on and I'll go wipe off excess for a nice look. I do not do the Detail Spray cleaning on the Accord because it gets to dirty but like if I wash on Sunday I'll use the Detail Spray on it Monday morning and almost get ran over due to parking the Accord in the street.

I don't recommend the CD either, WW & WW MF towel is your best option here. And for light dust (say setting in the garage) DS is great to use.

Your car doesn’t always need a full bath with soap and water. Light surface dust, finger prints, or other minor surface contamination can be easily and safely removed using Adam's Waterless Car Wash.  It saves water and it's quicker than a traditional wash as well! It also prolongs your wax or sealant life by using a less invasive method to clean, it can also be used in direct sunlight.

Spray Adam's Waterless Car Wash on moderately dirty finish, wipe clean with Adam's Waterless Wash Waffle Towels. Special lubricants and wetting agents encapsulate dirt, making it easy to clean the paint without damage and without water.
How is it different than Detail Spray?

Adam's Waterless Car Wash is a more effective cleaner, and has more lubricant designed to remove larger dirt particles without causing swirls. It also has no gloss enhancers, so it leaves your paint clean but not glossy. Follow Adam's Waterless Car Wash with Adam's Detail Spray to enhance the gloss!

Waterless wash in a Colad 32-oz sprayer with about 4 microfibers (I use the edgeless).  This is what I use 90% of the time when maintaining my car.  I have a dark blue Mazda 6 that has very soft paint, and I have no swirling after 8 months of this method of cleaning. The trick is to not drag dirt across the surface.   As you wipe a panel, curl the towel backwards so that the dirt is pulled away and you are only dragging a clean surface on the paint.

Interesting that towards the end of this video he says that WW is a product that's "going away" because you can dilute RW to make WW in a spray bottle.  Just curious if there's a reason why WW is still being sold?  Looks like the video was published Nov 2013.

There's a new version of WW.

There's a new version of WW.

Thanks.  So is there a benefit of using the new version of WW over diluted RW in a spray bottle?

I was thinking of buying a gallon of WW, but will hold off if I can just dilute RW in a bottle and have the same result.

Many here have the same result between Waterless and Rinseless in a "Waterless" dilution. Many prefer one over the other.

I prefer Waterless for spot or limited area cleaning and Rinseless for cleaning the entire car.

You really should try both and decide for yourself.