Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dusty car from driving, how to wipe her down?

MSUGTO

Question

Well ladies and gents, it's been a while since I've been on here, glad to be back!

I had a quick question on how to best clean my car after it's been driven a bit and has gotten a bit dusty, gotta love a black car in west Texas! Typically I would first GENTLY go over the car with a California duster to get all the dust off the car and then wipe it down with Detail Spray.

What do you guys recommend? Going straight to Waterless Wash to lift the dust off the paint and then follow up with Detail Spray, skipping the California Duster all together? Open to opinions, thanks!

I prefer doing a rinseless wash every morning before going to work because of the morning dew that settles on the car.  However if it is just lightly dusty I would stick to waterless (or rinseless in waterless form) if it is very very slightly dusty (driving to a car show for example) I would use detail spray instead.  Haven't had any issues with these techniques so far. 

I really think I am going over board but I love to wipe my cars everyday. I'm using a diluted Rinseless wash spray and a double soft micro. Anyone else wipe everyday?

I wipe every 2 days.  Living near fields I always have a light dust on my car every morning, drive to work and wipe her down at lunch after the car is cool.

I really think I am going over board but I love to wipe my cars everyday. I'm using a diluted Rinseless wash spray and a double soft micro. Anyone else wipe everyday?

I might do it on my white car which is not driven as often. But on my black daily, I resist the urge. More wiping means more chance of marring, even though these products are quite safe.