Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question on a job coming up

AvsBest

Question

Brand new 2016 Ram Granite Crystal (dark grey). Customer wants clay bar and sealant only, no correction. Price was given in relation to his request. I always add the usual stuff on top like wheels/fenders/tires, leather conditioner, trim dressing and so on.

This truck has a potential to give me an extra few customers so I want to impress to some degree with what I already have in my arsenal without correcting/machine polishing or adding too much time to it as he didn't pay for that service.

I'm planning on:

- Clay bar

- Revive hand polish (30min extra or so no big deal)

- Brillant glaze (another 30min extra no biggie)

- Paint Sealant

I'm looking for you opinions on this, do any of my steps are overkill or unecessary?

I was just going to do clay and sealant but I added the other 2 to my list in an attempt to make the paint pop.

6 answers to this question

I think if you get more returning business out of it that it's worth it one time at no extra cost. The revive will help get the paint in tip top shape since you are doing no polishing. Brilliant and paint sealant always adds a ton of gloss. Hope it turns out well for you and you get the extra customers you are going for.

Here is what I would do, and this is all considering business potential. 

I would do what the customer wants no question but I would ask if he would be willing to hand out some business cards for you when people ask about it and for that you would do a quick correction on the paint. 

As your looking at the revive, I would honestly just break out the machine and do a quick hit with the correcting polish and pad. Really how much more time would it take vs the revive with how much of a better result. You might also be able to get him to come back for some maint items and then eventually convince him to do a full correction in a year or so considering the condition of the paint. 

Yes your prob out a fair bit of money but if the word of mouth travels and the color shows it off for you, you will make it back twice over easily. 

Well I don't have a business per say, I just do a few cars here and there all from word of mouth. In this case there was about 2 people with this guy and they were on the fence about having theirs done also. They would look at the first guy and if they liked the result they would probably pull the trigger.

Buddy got hit in a parking lot yesterday so we had to cancel the appointment. He'll get a hold of me when fixed.