Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpeted Floor Mats and Power Washer

dconsmack

Question

I've used the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner with my Cyclo carpet brushes on my floor mats with pretty good results. It was particularly good at getting rid of odor. However, blotting the carpet with utility towels takes forever and never seems to completely soak up all of the product/dirt, even after multiple cleanings. I was wondering if after I use the C&UC/Cyclo if it's ok to hose off the product/dirt with a power washer at my local car wash then leave to air-dry. Any problems with this? Any suggestions to get absolutely all of the residue out?

Edited by dconsmack

8 answers to this question

Some nice carpeted floor mats dont like pressure though so you would want to be careful. That said I have done it hundreds of times.

Have you tried giving them a good hose down with the garden hose/nozzle? 

I normally lay my mats out on the floor and soak them good with cleaner and hit with a stiff brush. Allow it to soak a while and then spring clamp them to my ladder and start hosing them from the top down. What comes out the bottom is amazing.

Nope, haven't tried that. I think I'll use the upholstery cleaner/Cyclo brushes then take them to the local self car wash and rinse them off there. They have clips to hold up the mats. I'll make sure not to get too close with the power sprayer. My floor mats are black so blotting them with towels will probably take forever and I'll never know if the dirt is completely out.

I took my mats to the coin op after using the Cyclo and C&UC, and rinsed them with the power washer. Worked great. Took some paper towels to soak up a bit of the excess and there was zero discoloration of the paper towels. So... perfectly clean with no residue and only took a few minutes. They look brand new, and the charcoal gray DODGE embroidered logo is now back to the original light gray. I'll let them air-dry then seal them with carpet protectant.