Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes Mini

jessewsmith

Question

I received this polisher from Adam's by mistake. Not a big deal, they have already talked to me and we have got it figured out! They are sending me the Rupes LHR 15 and they will send me a return label so I can send back the mini.. I wanted the mini and the LHR 15 but just couldn't make the commitment to doing it.. 

I have done some looking and people love the mini! so I might just have them charge me for it and I keep it! 

What does everyone think about the mini?? I have the PC and can change it to the 4" setup but I know the Rupes would be better for the small jobs.   

12 answers to this question

Mini is a very powerful little machine. It will definitely work better for the tight areas than anything else Adams offers. i love mine. It's great to use on headlights, bumpers, side mirrors, bird bomb etching, pillars, wheels etc. You can definitely make a case for it if you detail enough or have a vehicle with a lot of tight spaces.

I had the PC and the 4 inch kit for it, but since purchasing the mini I have not used the PC. The mini is so smooth, it blew my mind the first time I used it. It gets in to tighter spots too, since the top of it does not extend out beyond the pad. I used it once and made the decision to purchase the bigfoot 15 because I liked it that much. It's great for getting under mirrors, hitting the pillars, and working around bumpers. I've used it on wheels too.

I purchased the 15 first, along with the 4" pads and backing plate for my PC. Used the Rupes 15 and was blown away by how smooth the polisher ran. I then picked my 9 year old PC up to do some of the tighter spots, everyone knows how much it vibrates. I think the 4" pads made the PC vibrate more.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago about the mini, this forum had me sold on the mini in no time. Dylan with Rupes is on here and can educate you on the machine as he did with me. Below is Dylans response to my question,which is the same as yours. Keep the mini, you will be happy

The LHR75E Mini was designed from the ground up to use the 100mm pads so unlike adapting a PC to smaller pads its tuned for them.

The perceived vibration is more likely a result of the tools ergonomics. Holding the body of the tool as you do leads to a more direct feedback from the motor; with something like the 15 your hands are nowhere near the motor, more similar to a rotary tool layout, so you've got some deadening of that.

Once you get your hands on the mini you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner - the same can be said of the Nano which should start trickling into the market very soon ;)

Edited by 07r/t

I had the PC and the 4 inch kit for it, but since purchasing the mini I have not used the PC. The mini is so smooth, it blew my mind the first time I used it. It gets in to tighter spots too, since the top of it does not extend out beyond the pad. I used it once and made the decision to purchase the bigfoot 15 because I liked it that much. It's great for getting under mirrors, hitting the pillars, and working around bumpers. I've used it on wheels too.

I purchased the 15 first, along with the 4" pads and backing plate for my PC. Used the Rupes 15 and was blown away by how smooth the polisher ran. I then picked my 9 year old PC up to do some of the tighter spots, everyone knows how much it vibrates. I think the 4" pads made the PC vibrate more.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago about the mini, this forum had me sold on the mini in no time. Dylan with Rupes is on here and can educate you on the machine as he did with me. Below is Dylans response to my question,which is the same as yours. Keep the mini, you will be happy

The LHR75E Mini was designed from the ground up to use the 100mm pads so unlike adapting a PC to smaller pads its tuned for them.

The perceived vibration is more likely a result of the tools ergonomics. Holding the body of the tool as you do leads to a more direct feedback from the motor; with something like the 15 your hands are nowhere near the motor, more similar to a rotary tool layout, so you've got some deadening of that.

Once you get your hands on the mini you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner - the same can be said of the Nano which should start trickling into the market very soon ;)

Awesome! Thank you guys for the help! Seems like I should get it and I won't regret it! I'm opening my detailing business 2 days after I graduate ( about 2 weeks away) and the very first vehicle is a H2 hummer and he wants everything done to it. So I owned a PC but the detail shop I worked at used the flex 3401 so when getting a polisher I decided on giving the rupes LHR15 a try because I hear everyone talking about how good Rupes polishers are!

Definitely keep it! I have the mini, rupes 15 mark II, and cyclo. The rupes 15 paired with the mini is an outstanding combo and amazing polishers. Tried the 4" pads on my porter cable and it didn't take long to jump over to the mini and don't regret it one bit. Just like other folks on here, once u try the mini or rupes 15 and feel how well the machine handles, u just have to buy the other one. Never thought I would buy the rupes 15, already having the mini and cyclo, but after using the mini a few times and feeling how well balanced the tool was with no vibration and easy correction, I just had to go for the rupes 15 mark II!

Definitely keep it! I have the mini, rupes 15 mark II, and cyclo. The rupes 15 paired with the mini is an outstanding combo and amazing polishers. Tried the 4" pads on my porter cable and it didn't take long to jump over to the mini and don't regret it one bit. Just like other folks on here, once u try the mini or rupes 15 and feel how well the machine handles, u just have to buy the other one. Never thought I would buy the rupes 15, already having the mini and cyclo, but after using the mini a few times and feeling how well balanced the tool was with no vibration and easy correction, I just had to go for the rupes 15 mark II!

If you can swing it keep the Mini, it works great on a pillars front & rear bumpers ect..... you won't be  Sorry!

After  you use it a couple times you will wonder how you ever polished a car without it.

Awesome thanks guys!

I got to try mine out the other day and WOW impresive tool. I have the cyclo for my larger areas but I needed to do some heavy correction in one area so just put the MF pad on the Mini to hit the spots needed, and it certainly impressed! I would hang on to it if you can swing it but if not you know Adams will make it all right for you. 

If you can afford it now, keep it.  If you can afford it easier later, get it then.  But you do want it.  I get the wheels on my camaro with one and it was super.  Plenty of power and easy to handle.  Good luck with a decision.