Customer Service 866.965.0400

Offbeat question concerning which product to use

kitt1987

Question

Ok guys (and girls), a little different question today:  I just came into possession of a vintage Schwinn bicycle left to my by my parents, it is approximately from the late 50's.  I plan on changing the tubes/tires and chain.  The body is in good condition and the chrome areas have surface rust.  What Adams product could anyone advise for using on the painted metal all around the body.  Since this is not clear coated I'm not sure exactly what to use.  Should I consider the metal polish for the body?  I want to enhance the finish and really bring the shine and gloss back to this old bike.

I haven't figured out exactly how to remove the rust from the chrome areas yet if anyone has suggestions on that.  

Ultimately once I clean this bike it is going to be literally like new and like I said since it was left to me by my parents it's got the sentimental value going for it.

Any help as always is apreciated!

8 answers to this question

Thank you!  I was planning on washing completely with a follow up with the Revive Polish.  Wasn't sure if the metal polish would help or not and also was curious on the Paint Sealant.  Could I use the same products on the chrome once I figure out how to remove the surface rust?

Sorry I dont know personally but I would go with Chris on this one, and DEF post some pics! 

I am sure Adam will make a stop here, I remember hearing he loves the old bikes and it is how the company started. 

Oh I will and plan on it.  The bike is still in my parents' basement as I don't have a means to transport it to my house just yet.  My Acura isn't the best at transporting large items so I'll either be grabbing a bike rack or borrowing a truck to bring it home and then I'll put the pictures up.