Customer Service 866.965.0400

And now for something completely different ...

Bill-V8V

... well maybe not completely different but it's not car related. This is what is known as a record clamp, those who still play LP"s may have heard of them. They simply add a little weight to "clamp" the record to the platter. Do they add to the sound ? That is open for debate but I like the way it looks so for me i'm happy with it. Anyways, it has been in use on my turntables for the last 4 or 5 years and was starting to look a little sad so I decided to give it the Adams treatment, started with Metal Polish #1 followed by detail spray and finished with a little glaze.

Really sad looking

IMG_0894-XL.jpg

After just one pass with the MP, notice the difference between the top and the base.

IMG_0896-XL.jpg

Then again after 3 passes on the entire clamp

IMG_0899-XL.jpg

IMG_0901-XL.jpg

And then back where it belongs, sitting on top of a little white vinyl Stevie Ray Vaughan  :cool:

IMG_0908-XL.jpg

And the full picture

DSC_4016-L.jpg

Love it.  And a Mcintosh in the system !

Yea the turntable is still my preferred choice of media. I have a Sota Sapphire with SME arm and Aurum beta S cartridge.

Nice infinities too.

You have really good taste in tables  :2thumbs:

The pre and amp are McIntosh, C32 pre with the 7270 amp. I'm looking for a second 7270 to run them in mono or just get a 2500. Those Kappa 9's are known as "The AMp Killers" for a reason, they suck up power like black paint sucks up swirls lol

Edited by Bill-V8V

You old hippie........ :oldman: LOL!

Nice job Bill, I have my turntable & my old 70's Pioneer set up in my garage. 

Thanks Chris, I picked that Pioneer table, PL-540, for sentimental reasons, it is the same model as the first decent system I bought when I graduated from high school and started working for a living. 

Edited by Bill-V8V

:2thumbs:

Those Kappa 9's are known as "The AMp Killers" for a reason, they suck up power like black paint sucks up swirls lol

Yea I know that feeling. I have modified Dahlquist DQ10s.  The Carver 350wpc is just about right.

I have always loved the Kappas. You have a great system. I truly love it.  Some day I hope to step up to some Mac stuff. 

You would like my direct to disc vinyl stash.  I dont have a ton but a hundred including executive pressings made for Sheffield Labs that they only made 5 copies off.  Some stuff I "lucked" upon on Ebay when a old employee was cleaning out their closet.

I need to get out the polish for the Sota smoked top. It needs help. You have shamed me into it.