Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax and g&g

07r/t

Question

I have read a lot on this subject using the "search method". I want to know a few more opinions on the following.

I always us LPS every 6 months following a strip wash and always enjoyed the americana wax every month between. The new Americana makes for even a better waxing experience. Love it.

I recently got a bottle of guard and gloss from a mystery box, used it once between on a maintenance wash. Seems to work nice but without the extra shine Americana gives. I really don't care for the glaze. My question is, who mixes both of the Americana and H20 and how often do you do each of the steps. Or should I just ignore the g&g and continue my normal regime. What do you guys do? Vehicle is a semi dd, driven maybe 2-3 times a week.

14 answers to this question

Let me clarify a bit. I asked the wolf this question too. I just wanted more opinions.

If I'd do LPS then add Americana wax then a couple of weeks later I wash the car and use g&g.

Is it worth using the g&g on top of the Americana wax?

Should I just ditch the g&g all together on my car and just stick with what I'm already doing?

The thing is I really liked how easy it is to apply the g&g and the added protection you get from just drying.

Is layering LPS, Americana, then g&g. Is it to much?

Lps will only be twice a year after a strip wash. Americana every 4-6 weeks, is that the only time I should add g&g?

Is it overkill, probably, but the great thing with Adams is you still get great shine! 

I might put the H2O under the Americana if I was going to do it as it is a water activated acrylic. 

Personally I love the H2O in the winter months as I am searching for protection and dont care as much about shine, in the nice weather I will do a wax instead as I have more chances to apply it. The H2O survived well up here this past newengland winter and did have me thinking about ditching the wax use in the summer, but I just enjoy the time with the truck so I plan to keep waxing. 

I have H2O G&G as the only sealant on the wife's car until I can get it corrected later this summer. I have topped it with the new formula Americana and the wife said it looked like I sprinkled glitter all over it. I know this is not as the product was intended, but it's holding up well so far.

2 different animals. g and g is a sealant . Americana is a wax not much protection but will add depth and shine to paint. if you are saying you like clarity of the Americana use it as a boost to the g and g foundation to protect your paint. overkill ????? Noooooo its just therapy