Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey guys! New to the forum and new to detailing.

Whats up fellas, new here looking for some info on where to start!

Here's a few pics of my Jeep

post-14364-0-09602400-1462833813_thumb.jpgpost-14364-0-43313500-1462837978_thumb.jpgpost-14364-0-62878300-1462837979_thumb.jpg

So I'll start off by saying this, my jeep hasn't been detailed (detailed well, that is) since a few years back. I was going to go ahead and grab the Basic W&W kit and the Visco clay bar but I figured i'd get some input first.

Going to focus on the exterior for now. From looking through the forum a bit I've seen that i will likely need to do a "strip" wash? Also which waxes,glazes, sealants, and whatevers(lol) am i going to need? there's so many options. 

This is currently my daily driver, however i do hit some shows and cars&coffee here and there. It has some small scratches, paint splatter, etc that you would expect. It's also a bit swirly in spots. 

Can't wait to get her looking the way she deserves again! 

Thanks in advance everyone! 

Welcome Adam!

You came to the right spot to get that black Jeep looking it's best.

Need to know if you have a machine polisher? That would be the best way to correct and polish the finish to it's best.

You have the right idea, strip wash, clay, and then need to know / decide how to get rid of the swirls, scratches, and other contaminants.

Daily driver, you may be better using a sealant as the first product applied once it is corrected as desired, and you can always add layers of wax, or glaze over that to enhance the shine for shows, etc.

Be sure to check out the Adam's videos here, or on YouTube to get a better understanding of the products and processes to make your choices / decisions easier, and to make the Jeep look the best it possibly can.

I'd start with the winter wash kit and add another bucket (you need 2) and the visco as you stated. That will get you going for a bit in terms of day to day washing and cleaning.

To fix the paint you'll need a machine and applicable products but that's a bit more dead presidents.

Like the others said, we can stress this enough, watch all the applicable videos and watch them more than once. I still watch several videos before trying a new product and still do if I want a refresher down the road.

Welcome to the forum and to (Adams family) not the show I hope I'm not showing my age lol! You will love there products and service and everyone on the forum and on there staff is super and helpful enjoy.Dan is great right on top of al the issues as of all the rest of the staff at Adams welcome

Welcome Adam!

You came to the right spot to get that black Jeep looking it's best.

Need to know if you have a machine polisher? That would be the best way to correct and polish the finish to it's best.

You have the right idea, strip wash, clay, and then need to know / decide how to get rid of the swirls, scratches, and other contaminants.

Daily driver, you may be better using a sealant as the first product applied once it is corrected as desired, and you can always add layers of wax, or glaze over that to enhance the shine for shows, etc.

Be sure to check out the Adam's videos here, or on YouTube to get a better understanding of the products and processes to make your choices / decisions easier, and to make the Jeep look the best it possibly can.

Thanks man, i definitely want to get it looking as good as possible. I do not have a machine polisher, i checked out some on the site here. They are a bit pricey, but if I need one ill probably pick up one of the cheaper ones. How do i go about the strip wash?   

Welcome! That's a good looking SRT8!

Hi Adam! Thanks for signing up and welcome to the wonderful world of detailing :)

Very sharp looking ride you have there!

Thanks guys, you have some good looking rides yourselves! The Jeep may look alright now but i know it can look 10x better with help from you guys and Adam's goodies!  :D  Can't wait to get started!

Adam,

The "strip wash" is fairly easy to accomplish, if you add 2 - 3 ounces of Adam's All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket with the Car Wash Shampoo.

Where are you located?

Perhaps another member would be close to you, and may assist you in machine polishing?

Another option related to a machine would be to check out the "For Sale" section of this forum, there was a Cyclo available earlier for a great price. That machine does great at correction, and is very easy to use, without any vibrations which could add to your own personal fatigue.

Just some additional thoughts!

Adam,

The "strip wash" is fairly easy to accomplish, if you add 2 - 3 ounces of Adam's All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket with the Car Wash Shampoo.

Where are you located?

Perhaps another member would be close to you, and may assist you in machine polishing?

Another option related to a machine would be to check out the "For Sale" section of this forum, there was a Cyclo available earlier for a great price. That machine does great at correction, and is very easy to use, without any vibrations which could add to your own personal fatigue.

Just some additional thoughts!

Ok cool. Thanks man, went ahead and messaged the member that has it for sale. Hopefully he gets back to me soon and we can work something out. 

• 2 weeks later...