Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shipping a little off?

So I ordered my first round of Adams products and noticed that the map on the "Contact Us" page shows that it should take 3 days to arrive to my house in so-cal from Colorado!  Awesome I'll have the stuff here by the weekend.....get a tracking number that says it will arrive in 7 days....Huh?  I chose 5-7 day fedex shipping because it was the cheapest....and assuming that the map was correct when it said it would take 3 days to arrive....guess I was wrong?  Which one is right?  The map or the shipping selection that I chose?

I would go with the "5-7 day FedEx shipping".  It might arrive sooner, but it will take it's sweet time.  Worth the wait though!

Why show the map than lol?

Let's hope so...as it says it's coming fedex....I find it hard to believe that it should take 7 days to get from Colorado to so-cal....just impatiently waiting is all.

The smart post is a new shipping option that Adams added a few months ago for cost savings. Of course when it's not making the government or fed ex money they take their sweet time. If you want expidited shipping you will have to purchase that option.

Hi Chris, good question! Shipping estimates on the map are for FedEx Ground Home Delivery, and they're quoted as business days, so weekends will not count.

When we do free shipping or $5/$6 flat rate shipping promotions and so on, the Shipping Team will select the shipping method that is least expensive for us to eat the cost, for example if you would order one Mystery Box and the shipping fee in our software tells us that it is $10.95 for shipping with FedEx Home vs. $7.93 for shipping through SmartPost, they will typically select the more cost effective option.

Unfortunately with FedEx SmartPost shipping, it does add increased shipping times as the order transitions from FedEx to the USPS for final delivery - this will typically add 2 or 3 days extra to the shipping time frame, so we show 5-7 business days to make everyone aware that it can take longer.

There is always the option to pay the higher shipping fee to guarantee FedEx Home Delivery, which will typically be faster and avoids the transition from FedEx to USPS of the SmartPost shipping. We also have 2-Day Priority Shipping with FedEx, usually for a considerable price increase. From my experience, FedEx 2-Day shipping will almost always get to you on the quoted delivery date. With USPS Priority 2-Day shipping, I have had more than a few customers tell me that it took 3 business days to receive their order; however, once it is in the shipping company's hands, there's not too much we can do about it :(

Dont go by USPS tracking. I have an order that shows delivery Monday for some reason. I am willing to bet it will be here tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

To follow up on this..

This morning I checked and was in another state. Just checked again and its been transferred to USPS and they show it out for delivery.

So dont trust that estimated delivery date :)

Everyone hears FedEx and thinks it's like UPS.  It's not.  It CAN come regular FedEx, but like you learned, some orders get transferred to the Postal Service.  And that takes longer. 

Yeah...shipping is hit or miss but 99% of that is due to logistics with the shipping company. Took 3 days for my Cinco de Mayo order to get here via FedEx....Smart Post is taking 8 days for my last order to get here...patiently waiting for next Tuesday!!!

Matt

The smart post is a new shipping option that Adams added a few months ago for cost savings. Of course when it's not making the government or fed ex money they take their sweet time. If you want expidited shipping you will have to purchase that option.

Just FYI, the US Postal Service is an independent government entity, authorized by the US Constitution. They are the only US Government agency which does not receive taxpayer money (since early 1980s), but is explicitly ruled by Congressional mandate.

If you're interested in why USPS is so slow, check out The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA) - H.R. 6407. Dry, but informative!

Everyone hears FedEx and thinks it's like UPS.  It's not.  It CAN come regular FedEx, but like you learned, some orders get transferred to the Postal Service.  And that takes longer. 

UPS has the same thing, but they call it SurePost.  

Just FYI, the US Postal Service is an independent government entity, authorized by the US Constitution. They are the only US Government agency which does not receive taxpayer money (since early 1980s), but is explicitly ruled by Congressional mandate.

If you're interested in why USPS is so slow, check out The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA) - H.R. 6407. Dry, but informative!

Thanks I will check that out :)

They may not receive taxpayer money directly however I think the last number I read is the USPS does receive 18 billion a year in taxpayer subsidies.  Don't want to get off topic but I find the USPS interesting !

Edited by rrmccabe