Customer Service 866.965.0400

Motorcycle windshield

Wild2003ss

Question

Has anyone ever polished a motorcycle windshield???

It's made out of plexiglass.

What pads and polish should I use and any other advice you might have.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

5 answers to this question

Its clear vinyl plastic/plexiglass/urethane with a UV coating of some sort I'm sure - its probably soft as butter and heats up quick with a machine - I would try revive -

But most of the manufacturers of the windscreens recommend Plexus from what I call -

Are you correcting it or just cleaning it up?  I use Adams Glass Cleaner and Detail Spray on my helmet shields - I have a cruiser now so no windscreen (although I am thinking of adding one down the line, a small flyscreen) but when I had a Puig double bubble on my SV1000 I would use Plexus

Its clear vinyl plastic/plexiglass/urethane with a UV coating of some sort I'm sure - its probably soft as butter and heats up quick with a machine - I would try revive -

But most of the manufacturers of the windscreens recommend Plexus from what I call -

Are you correcting it or just cleaning it up?  I use Adams Glass Cleaner and Detail Spray on my helmet shields - I have a cruiser now so no windscreen (although I am thinking of adding one down the line, a small flyscreen) but when I had a Puig double bubble on my SV1000 I would use Plexus

It is all scratched up and was going to try and clean it up for him but I don't want to ruin it.

Thanks Jason

on my SV1000 I would use Plexus

Nice choice in bike. I had a couple SV650's and they were great bikes. Nothing now though. I sold the last one when my son was born. On that one, I painted the inside of the windscreen black since I never really tucked under it. It looked great from the outside then.

^Thanks Matt - I actually started riding on a 2005 SV650 - phenomenal bike to learn on and a real hoot - I still own the SV1000 actually, it is a 2007 last year of production, in the Suzuki blue with full fairing - got it in 2010 found it at a Suzuki dealer in Long Island it was brand new still in the crate for $5000 I paid - 0 miles.  Probably never will get rid of it because the SV1000's are so rare - its a torquey beast and a ton of fun, something about twin motors on sportbikes gets me (and the intoxicating SOUND, people don't expect it when you go by and have the roar and blatt of a twin) - the Gixxers, R6/1's, etc the inline 4's aren't as exciting to me especially on the street to ride just because of the powerband -

Wow, what a great deal you got. I love the feel and sound of the V-twin also. Both of mine were slightly used. I had a 2000 blue naked that I learned to ride on. And then a 2008 dark grey with full fairings that I added a ZX-10 rear shock with full adjustability and a carbon fiber slip on exhaust. I loved that bike. It's a shame I had to sell it but I figured the only time I would have to ride would be commuting to work and it's not the safest route. I sold it to a guy who stopped riding when his son was born and bought it now that his son had just turned 16. I'll probably get another one someday.