Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using Rinseless Wash as clay lube?

champ09

Question

If you drop a few oz of rinseless wash into a 16oz bottle filled with distilled water, do you guys think that could work effectively as clay lube?

The reason I ask is because claying a whole car takes up a lot of detail spray and I figured doing that would consume a lot less product and still work as effectively.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by champ09

15 answers to this question

If you drop a few oz of rinseless wash into a 16oz bottle filled with distilled water, do you guys think that could work effectively as clay lube?

The reason I ask is because claying a whole car takes up a lot of detail spray and I figured doing that would consume a lot less product and still work as effectively.

What are your thoughts?

Been covered multiple times and the answer is effectively heck yes dilute it up and have an awesome time!  I have used 16:1 as clay lube and it works amazing, people have used 32:1 and as little of a ratio of as 64:1 is completely effective for effective clay lubricant as well - go for it and have a blast -

I use a lot of clay lube when I clay bar so being able to dilute and not have to try to skimp product is great - diluted rinseless also has a great scent!

I use detail spray, have tried rinseless diluted, but I just love the smell of detail spray, so why not use it.

Because a gallon of Detail Spray is 44.95 and a gallon of rinseless diluted to clay lube is $3.24? 

I played with 64:1 and 32:1 and 32:1 vs. Detail spray couldn't discern the difference in the slickness. 64:1 was a little grabbier than detail spray, 16:1 was too slick.

A full detail with correction is about 8oz of detail spray so it adds up. I'll be diluting rinseless soon

^^ Especially true when surface area is large enough to be measured in square yards like my crew cab long bed.  Proper dilutions rather than using a lot of a full strength product will keep me from spending way too much.

Edited by James__

Sorry if this is a thread hijack but can the Rinseless Wash be used as a detail spray if it is diluted?  Spray on, wipe off with the right towel.  Would it work the same way?

Adam himself has been quoted at saying he's used it as such in a pinch. 

Sorry if this is a thread hijack but can the Rinseless Wash be used as a detail spray if it is diluted? Spray on, wipe off with the right towel. Would it work the same way?

Yep it sure would. Adam has even used it in high concentrations like 1:3 as a spray wax if I recall correct. But yes the 16:1 or 8:1 should be a great substitute as a spray and wipe quick detailer.

If you use rinseless as clay lube, wouldn't you be better off to do the strip wash after the clay? So that you can remove the wax additives from the paint? Or is there enough of them for it to really matter?