Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclo

quickbrick

Question

Hey guys, had a quick question about the cyclo's. I'm going to picking up a used cyclo from craigslist and being that i've never acctually seen the machine in person i'm not too sure what to look for in terms of defects or what have you. Are there different models, etc? Owner says its a model 5. Heres the pic he sent me.  

post-14364-0-64965900-1463084407.jpg

7 answers to this question

I believe the model 5 only has 1 operating speed unlike the cyclo that is carried on adams site. I believe it's the 5 pro that has speed adjustments. Don't qoute me on this but I think the model 5 has a speed of 2800-3000 where as with the pro you dial im the speed depending on what process you are doing. If you go to the garage sale forum here there was a rupes duetto for sale a couple weeks ago for a fair price, not sure what your budget is but the duetto is a capable machine more so than the model 5 that only has one speed, the duetto can also be used for wet sanding hence the name duetto it's a polisher and sander.

I saw a few flex machines for a good price and also a adams cyclo for 275 which is a great deal. Not sure what your intentions are but if your planning on doing multiple behicles a year you might benefit from a larger throw machine. If it's just your personal the cyclo is very capable and ppl are always raving on how comfortable it is to control.

Yea i saw the Adam's cyclo and i messaged the seller, but he hasn't responded. And i can't yet post in that section. Ill probably do 2 vehicles/year at most so definitely more for personal. Just cant justify spending so much for something i won't be doing very often. was thinking about just going PC route

Edited by quickbrick

Yea i saw the Adam's cyclo and i messaged the seller, but he hasn't responded. And i can't yet post in that section. Ill probably do 2 vehicles/year at most so definitely more for personal. Just cant justify spending so much for something i won't be doing very often. was thinking about just going PC route

With the microfiber pads the cyclo can do a good amount of correction it will take more passes vs a rupes 21 or 15 but if your doing personal work time isn't such a large impat on your decision. The pc is a solid unit from what ppl here say it just really vibrates your arms off they say, I personally have not used a pc so I have no first hand experience. I own a large throw machine and can polish vertical panels with one hand with ease, I do not do it often due to it wearing me out and results are not as good but im just saying its butter smooth and easy to control. The cyclo would really impress you and parts are avalible. Rupes owns cyclo now and both are very reputable machines. I'd say wait for a response from the feller with the cyclo and work a deal on that, I don't forsee you finding a finer machine sub 300

Depending on the size of the areas you work on the most, a used Flex might be a better deal. The Flex is forced rotation and can get a decent amount of work done quickly but it works best on large surfaces. The 4 inch pads on the cyclo allows it to fit to smaller places such as the A pillars.