Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes iBrid

LFairbanks

Question

17 answers to this question

Let us know how you like it

It will be a bit before I can try it out.  Have my kids truck tore apart right now.  Fixing leak in oil pan, and replacing it.  Having to remove the front differential to get the pan out, and will fix a leak in that while I have it out.  As well as replacing the starter.  Not what I really want to be doing with that polisher in the house.  Happy to help my son out though.  

Did you order it? Or did the buffer fairy just leave it at the front door?

I actually found it in the bottom of those mints that Rich sent me a while back.  He must have forgot that he left the polisher in there.  Not really.  I wish the buffer fairy left it.  Apparently I was number one on the preorder list at that other place.  Ordered it last Fall, and had to play the waiting game.  

:king:

All hail Chris the king of detailing!!

You will love it, such a cool, useful little tool. 

Definitely not the King, more like servant.  Learning everyday though, like everybody else on this Forum.  It is people like you Mike that help us learn.  Amongst others on the Forum that share their wealth of knowledge when it comes to detailing.  Thanks.  If I lived closer to some of you I would be happy to share.

Edited by LFairbanks

Yes.

Honestly you need the accessories to use it... the only things that could be considered optional would be the sample bottles of polish and towels. The rest of the accessories are either specific to the tool and needed for its various functions, or in the case of the pads don't have many options for aftermarket support (40 and 70mm pads are not common sizes) so for the foreseeable future it will be a kit only product.

Dylan, I have a question in regards to pad replacement.  Are the distributors going to offer the pads or do we buy them directly from Rupes?  And did the kit come with all the accessories or is there some things that are available to work with the tool that didn't come in the kit?  

Edited by LFairbanks

Dylan, I have a question in regards to pad replacement.  Are the distributors going to offer the pads or do we buy them directly from Rupes?  And did the kit come with all the accessories or is there some things that are available to work with the tool that didn't come in the kit?  

We don't sell anything direct, so you will need to order pads thru an authorized distributor. The all 5 foams are available in 40mm and 70mm sizes - a number of places have already ordered them and have them in stock. The usual places should be able to help you, but if you need help contact me off the forum and I'll give you a few options.

As far as additional accessories - at this time there is only one thing that hasn't been included in the kit: a soft nylon brush. The kit came with the horse hair and the hard nylon. The soft would be more specialized. Things like additional batteries are also available for purchase if you want them.

There will be more attachments and accessories added over time.

I plan on adding one when I can find one. There are so many small painted spaces on our vehicles that the iBrid will make things easier. Such a great idea that I can't believe it took this long for someone to create it.

Chris, After you use it a bit will you let us know if you are happy with the short neck or wish you would have grabbed the longneck?  Getting both would be a bit extravagant.   :)

Sure thing.  I actually have the long neck version.  From what I have read and heard the long neck seems to be the more popular.  I know mc2hill (Mike) on here has used both at shows.  He as well as others on here may be able to give their opinion on what they thought of the long and short neck version.