Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning method for weather tech floor liners?

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys, what's the preferred method around here for effectivly cleaning and dressing weather tech floor liners without leaving a slippery or greasy finish. I've tried SVRT in the past but I got a complaint the liners became very slippery.

Any suggestions?

On mine if they are really dirty they get APC and rinsed, I've put TID on and got a good dark look but still a bit slick when wet. Most of the time I just spray down with car shampoo and water mix, scrub and rinse.

Apc and tid work great, as others have mentioned. Just don't use leather conditioner on them! Tried it on my truck weathertech's last wash just to see how they turned out. Look great but slick as snot lol

I only use mine in the winter but when I do clean them I am using wheel cleaner, (not Adam's)  (sorry guys).  I scrub them and hose them off and they look nice.  I don't "dress" them as I do not want anything that may become slippery.

I hose my weather tech mats down, then spray some APC on the (the residual water from hosing them down usually dilutes the APC a bit) and scrub them with an undercarriage brush. They usually look pretty good and don't require any dressing to shine them up.

I always used APC, but as mine have aged, 5-7 years old, they have really dulled.  So being picky about the looks I hit them with VRT, but yes its sorta slick for a few days but wears off soon.  We actually just upgraded mine and my wife vehicles and ordered new weathertechs for both rides.  I saw they offered a product to put on the mats, so I ordered it to try, mostly because it said it wasn't slick.  Thinking since our mats are new it may be a while before they start to look faded to really tell how nice the product works, but I'm hoping it protects them some from getting faded over time too.  Side note, I have tried in and out on the old ones, but seemed like a waste of product, but it did work nicely in the grooves.  

More recently, I have used Tire and Rubber Cleaner instead of APC. They come out looking NICE.

Side thought. Wonder how Ceramic Trim Coating would work on Weathertechs....

My guess is it would look good, but pricey

I just used TRC last time I did them also and liked the results. Others may cringe, but when my truck will be at a show I sometimes hit the mats with In&Out afterwards. That's mainly because the truck is a DD, but it still needs to look great at shows.I'm just real careful with my shoes.

Bruce