Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will this come out?

Cwilliams

Question

So on my way back home this morning I hit a turkey and he hit my mirror and broke it off cause the mirror to scrape my truck. It's not down to metal just scuffed it I guess. I have a polisher and paint correcting and paint finishing pad along with microfiber cutting pad.

6 answers to this question

Carter,

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it may be through the clearcoat and would still be visible, even after paint correction.

If it isn't that deep, then yes it should be able to be corrected out.

Can you catch your finger nail on it?  Just by looking at the picture I would say that would come out pretty easily.  My wife had a lady change lanes into her and to avoid a collision moved over and busted her mirror off on a garbage can.  She then chased her for about 15 miles before the police could get her to stop.  I replaced the mirror and polished the scuffing out easily.  

Several years ago, two days after I picked up my new Grand Prix, a young kid cut a corner too wide and scraped the front bumper all up. I was furious and let him know it, and the kid couldn't have been more apologetic.  He gave me all his info, and even had his dad call me the next day.  

I used clay and wax and it came out. I would think what you have will do the trick and sounds like a good plan of attack.  And then coat it with some wax to protect it.  Let us know how it works out for you.