Customer Service 866.965.0400

In & Out Spray - Not so good inside?

Today I did my weekly maintenance wash. I wanted a different scent inside and my vents were just a little dry looking, so I grabbed my In & Out spray and lightly dusted the first vent. The product spattered a little. No matter, I thought to myself. I will just wipe the excess. So I tried to wipe the spatter away. It did not wipe away at all. I have used In & Out spray on interior vents before. Was a change made to the formula at some point in the last year?

I tried again. No dice. I grabbed some 50/50 APC and sprayed a bit into a fresh blue plush towel and scrubbed a little. No change at all.

It appears the spatter actually chemically bonded with the vent.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas for removing the spatter?

See photo:

IMG 3711

Did you try just plain water?  Usually that stuff comes off with water, so I'm not sure why it would do as you describe. Only thing I can think of is if you had used something else on them before and it reacted with that.  

I agree with the wolf, usually something like that will be,"reactivated" with the same product is applied. Leather and interior cleaner straight is a pretty good plastics cleaner and has removed plenty of stains for me in the past.

Always make sure to thoroughly shake In & Out Spray before use. It's also required to spray it 10-12 inches from the surface for the propellant and other chemicals to mix together correctly. Issues like this are rare but can occur if you spray too closely to certain types of interior plastics from certain manufacturers, hence why I only use it on exterior trim and engine bays now. I stick to Interior Detailer and Leather Conditioner on interiors.

We did reformulate In & Out Spray a little over a year ago when it went to the shorter 9oz can, to be VOC compliant, but it has not changed since then.

When i saw this, i thought it looked very similar to my car. And then i realized, we both have a focus ST!

Nice man! Where abouts are you?

I still haven't gotten around to trying anything to remove the spots. Family has me town-hopping. Hoping to carve some time out this weekend.

Edited by PHOKUS

Nice man! Where abouts are you?

I still haven't gotten around to trying anything to remove the spots. Family has me town-hopping. Hoping to carve some time out this weekend.

I'm in florida. Picked up a 2015 Performance Blue ST3 w/moonroof a few months ago. Love it. Have the Injen intake, ford racing springs, MBRP exhaust, steeda shift knob and a few other things

I'm in florida. Picked up a 2015 Performance Blue ST3 w/moonroof a few months ago. Love it. Have the Injen intake, ford racing springs, MBRP exhaust, steeda shift knob and a few other things

But it's still a ford :P