Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just Got A New Car

Blackdevil77

Question

Just got a 2016 Chevrolet SS and am pretty excited! I owned a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT back in the day and loved it, when I saw this car in person at my local dealership, I knew I wanted it. I love it much more than I thought I would, pictures really don't do the car justice

Here's the car:

IMG_20160506_184524_zpsdmjwboe0.jpg

DSC00698_zpsxigsuvgc.jpg

So I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff to correct the paint, including the whole wheel cleaning package, foam gun and a few other goodies, but I already had a lot of stuff left over from last season and I have a few questions. 

Question 1: I still have the orange paint correction polish, white finish polish and paint sealant from over a year ago. Is there a shelf life on these things before I attempt using it on my new car? They weren't kept outside during the cold months, I opened them up and they seem okay. I'd just like to make sure before I attempt to use them. 

Question 2: I ordered all new pads, I ordered the flex (I believe) polisher from Adams website 2 years ago as well and the pads didn't have the hole in the center of them that these new pads have. Will the pads still work with my current polisher or do I have to change something to make them work?

First off, congrats on the new ride, it's a beauty !!!

Those products should be absolutely fine and the pads will be fine too. Go back and watch the video's for a little refresher and you'll be good to go. And don't forget to clay, the new visco clay is amazing. I used it last night and it might just be my new favorite product !!!!

You will love it. Fun ride for sure.

Thanks, yes it's definitely a fun ride, especially with the magnetic ride and the 6 speed manual  :D

First off NICE SS!! I had a 08 PBM G8....

As far as the polishes they should still be good, especially if they were stored correctly.

And the Gen6 pads will indeed work on your Flex.

First off, congrats on the new ride, it's a beauty !!!

Those products should be absolutely fine and the pads will be fine too. Go back and watch the video's for a little refresher and you'll be good to go. And don't forget to clay, the new visco clay is amazing. I used it last night and it might just be my new favorite product !!!!

Thank you, thank you!  :D That's all good news, can't wait to have her gleaming with a nice sealant on her. I'll be taking every step, I don't take short cuts with things like this. I'll have to give the new clay a try, I didn't put that in my order. It's crazy how quickly the totals add up :wacko:  lol. The paint from the factory is actually one of the best I've had with this car, believe it or not. Doesn't look like I'll be spending hours to fix things up.  

I have clay on the brain as i clayed my car last night lol

I was just amazed how easily this new clay cleaned off the contaminants. I usually hate claying, now it doesn't bother my shoulder at all !!!!!

Officially jealous... I've wanted an SS since 2014... ALMOST got it done last year as 15 SIM's were sitting on the lot for a while... but family obligations got me past it. Still wish I could get one, but Chevy makes that REALLY hard to do. 

I have clay on the brain as i clayed my car last night lol

I was just amazed how easily this new clay cleaned off the contaminants. I usually hate claying, now it doesn't bother my shoulder at all !!!!!

After rummaging through my stuff, I see I have a little of Adams Clay Bar left. I think it's enough to do the car. Can't wait to try the new stuff though, just watched the video on it and it looks great. 

Mario, GREAT looking SS., and the others have provided all of the correct answers to your questions regarding product life and pads.

Be sure to post up some photos after you get it completed!

Thank you, definitely will do!

Officially jealous... I've wanted an SS since 2014... ALMOST got it done last year as 15 SIM's were sitting on the lot for a while... but family obligations got me past it. Still wish I could get one, but Chevy makes that REALLY hard to do. 

I know how that is. I was able to get away with this one since it's a roomy 4 door  ;)

Very nice ride!  Really like the front end.  :2thumbs:

Nice choice!

Need to get you on the SS owners map ;-)

Thank you, I like it more than I was expecting. Definitely have to see the car in person. 

NICE GXP! That's definitely a unicorn you have there.

Beautiful SS - those can be had with a 3rd pedal right?  I'm configuring one on Chevy as we speak haha

I loved the G8 GXP ....

EDIT: You can get a 6MT at no charge that is awesome, that is a ton of car and luxury power for under $48k!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Congrats on the new sweet looking ride.

Very nice! She looks good!

Thank you!

Beautiful SS - those can be had with a 3rd pedal right?  I'm configuring one on Chevy as we speak haha

I loved the G8 GXP ....

EDIT: You can get a 6MT at no charge that is awesome, that is a ton of car and luxury power for under $48k!

Absolutely, it's actually cheaper with the 3rd pedal, the gas guzzler tax is $1,300 with the auto and $1,000 with the stick, so you actually save $300. There's no other car like it on the market right now (4 door American car that's rear wheel drive, V8 with a manual). 

Very nice!  Congratulations.  Did you keep your Mustang?

No unfortunately, I had to sell that to do more financially responsible things. I had the Shelby and a daily driver. Got rid of both and now have this to take on all duties. Saves me a lot of money, but I still can have some fun. It's obviously not as fast as the Shelby though, my Shelby was trapping over 130 mph in the 1/4 on hot humid days. 

. There's no other car like it on the market right now (4 door American car that's rear wheel drive, V8 with a manual). 

Hard to call a car made in Australia, American, but I get your point :) 

Hard to call any American made car American anymore.  Every part I look at on my vehicles says "Made in <insert anything but USA>" on the sticker. :lol:

Edited by rrmccabe

We can fix that :)

Yes we can. This car is also my daily, so I wanna keep it reliable and streetable. 

Yes, you're right. And the engine is made in Mexico  :wacko:

Hard to call any American made car American anymore.  Every part I look at on my vehicles says "Made in <insert anything but USA>" on the sticker. :lol:

Yup, that's true, unfortunately. 

Beautiful SS!  Congrats man! 

Im actually debating right now if I should sell my 09 White Hot G8GT for one.

I was going to wait for 2017 just because its the last year but if I come across a good deal on a 16 Im all over it.