Customer Service 866.965.0400

In the videos, its always suggested to put the cord for the polisher over your shoulder.  That's a great suggestion, but I think there's also an opportunity to improve it. 

When I'm polishing a vehicle, the cord continually falls off and I'm having to put it back, or change to the other shoulder.  Part of the reason is me moving around, bending, switching hands, etc.  I'd like a way to keep it in place.

I suppose one could tie it around one's waist or something like that, but that may not be very smart from a safety perspective.  Probably end up wrapping it around your feet and tripping.  Perhaps a Velcro strap or something similar that could be used to loosely hook it to your belt?  I'm sure there are lots of other ways as well.

Does Adam's Polishes have any suggestions or any product to help?

Edited by aroundtuit

In the past for awkward angles or where I need to reach way out I run the cord through a carabiner clip to my back belt loop and then up over my shoulder.

I will do this myself, running a carbineer through my belt loop.

The Adam's HD Detailer's Helper Belt comes with a strap that velcro's itself into a loop around the back of the belt. The polisher's cord passes through this loop helping to keep the cord on your shoulder.

A simple loop of material or a carabiner would work well.

One draw back.

You have to keep a hold of the polisher all the time, as the cord/polisher is now connected to your person. I found that more awkward than re-positioning the cord over my shoulder when it'd drop off.

Here's another option. Most of us wear t shirts when we're detailing.  Take a piece of rope or a shoelace, put it through your neckline and your sleeve and tie a knot.  Put your cord through it and it keeps it out of the way. 

Hey Dave.......... :bow:

:lolsmack:

I have seen a device that attaches to your shirt then the cord clips in to the plastic piece. It is simple to use easy in and out. I saw gary dean use it in his videos and a friend has one which he loves.

I just run the wire between my belt and pants, that way it can slide a bit side to side. 

Usually what I will do is run the extension cord up and loop it around the belt, that way I can easily unplug the polisher and leave it as there is plenty more extension cord to move around. Before someone wonders, yes I have gotten caught in it before, yeah I did face palm myself....yeah it was funny lol 

One draw back.

You have to keep a hold of the polisher all the time, as the cord/polisher is now connected to your person. I found that more awkward than re-positioning the cord over my shoulder when it'd drop off.

^ this.

I don't want the cord attached to me in any way.  I know I'll forget it's connected at least 5 times while detailing one vehicle, yanking it off the cart, dragging it on the pavement.   

Just throw it over your shoulder, I've really never had any issues doing it that way.

Sideways Thread Highjack

The cord on my new cyclo is really stiff (all the kinks from being folded stay there) If it was older I'd change it to a more flexible (and longer) one.

Anyone have any ideas on dealing with that?

As for the cord/shoulder thing, I've thought about just taking an old (or new) soft MF towel and making a sleeve to go over the last few feet of the cord and let the touch the car (how lazy is that?) But then forget about it and only remember I was going to try that as I'm polishing the next thing and it's too late.  :D

Lots of great suggestions, thanks everyone!  I'll be looking for that wireless polisher AvsBest! :D

Found "Adam's Detailer's Helper HD Belt" on the web site, but I'm not looking for that much.  I really like the carabineer idea.  You could unhook it quickly and easily.  Very cost effective and I have a couple extras.  Better get aroundtuit!  :)

Looking forward to seeing what Dan comes back with.

Thanks again!

Edited by aroundtuit

^ this.

I don't want the cord attached to me in any way.  I know I'll forget it's connected at least 5 times while detailing one vehicle, yanking it off the cart, dragging it on the pavement.   

Just throw it over your shoulder, I've really never had any issues doing it that way.

I used to but being so tall getting down to do door panels on cars means alot of bending over, and usually the cord falls off on me. 

Jim, instead of all the bending over, look into a detailer/mechanic stool/seat, puts you lower to the ground, usually on wheels, and makes it a lot simpler to get to the lower areas, with good maneuverability, and still keep the cord over shoulder and out of your way.

Edited by rkj4243

Jim, instead of all the bending over, look into a detailer/mechanic stool/seat, puts you lower to the ground, usually on wheels, and makes it a lot simpler to get to the lower areas, with good maneuverability, and still keep the cord over shoulder and out of your way.

Lowes has a nice one with a thick comfortable seat and a big square tray instead of the round. Paid $35.00 for it. Look into it. The stool won't solve the very bottom of a panel on a car but a truck is just fine. I can do my ram while sitting but not the charger

Edited by 07r/t