Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless as a Drying spray?

Erictski

Question

Following a two bucket wash, I typically use either H2O G&G or Detail Spray to help towel dry my vehicles.

Can the 16:1 or 32:1 dilution of Rinseless be used in place of these two products to use as a drying spray?

Don't get me wrong I love the H2O and the Detail Spray, but I have a whole gallon of Rinseless and don't actually do the rinseless washes very often so I have a ton on hand and I like to save the more expensive Detail Spray for quick details or dustings.

Thanks for any input. 

11 answers to this question

At 16:1 its very comparable as a drying agent or as a spray and wipe product like Detail Spray - do some testing if you'd like more shine kick it up a bit to 8:1 - at a certain point you may get streaking on a dry surface (i'm talking high dilutions like 1:1) since its a product meant to be diluted, but if you're spraying it on an already wet panel, I think you could kick up the shine more at 8:1 for sure

How does it compare to Detail Spray in terms of shine?

As Jason said play with the dilution. I seem to like the shine better then Detail Spray and only then need to have one product to do the job of two.

I have even used the diluted Rinseless as a interior detail spray on the dash and door panels, and has also worked well at that also.

Waterless wash does not have any wax additives in it, so while it may be effective at preventing water spots while drying, it won't add and gloss to the finish.