Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Cart - Making it my own !

rrmccabe

Question

Started customizing the cart today :D

Have a little more to do but got most the stuff I wanted done. The cart as shipped will not handle the weight of gallon jugs very well and sags more and more as the days go by. So I added some aluminum strap to the bottom shelf on the front and back. That made it nice and rigid.

I also added a small aluminum channel to hang all my bottles. I had them hanging on the side (opposite of cart handle) and part away around the front.  I am adding some diluted version of APC, leather and Interior cleaner and thinking about trying some diluted VRT, so will need even more bottle space.

Hanging them down low just blocks off my gallons which is better than blocking off my totes with applicator pads and buffer pads.

Drilled a couple holes to drop in the Wheel Woolie and turbo stick. Added a couple hooks for brushes and will add a couple more for the pad conditioning brush and the lug nut brush.

post-13932-0-19331400-1463697715_thumb.jpg

post-13932-0-51156400-1463697727_thumb.jpg

post-13932-0-39046900-1463697741_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Looks great. But I am not sure it was designed to carry that much weight. Especially the bottom shelf.

Have you considered cutting a 1/2" or 3/4" piece of plywood to fit on the bottom shelf to help distribute the load to the four corners? It looks like the bottom shelf is drooping in the middle.

Looks great. But I am not sure it was designed to carry that much weight. Especially the bottom shelf.

Have you considered cutting a 1/2" or 3/4" piece of plywood to fit on the bottom shelf to help distribute the load to the four corners? It looks like the bottom shelf is drooping in the middle.

The bottom shelf is drooping in the middle. That is why I added aluminum strap along the face. 

Looks fantastic.  Love the way you were able to get all of that stuff to fit on the cart.

However:  I just don't understand the need to have every supply you own on a cart at all times. It makes much more sense to me to keep my gallons and seldom used tools and products on shelfs and in cabinets than to "cart" them around with me at all times.

I only have the products I need with me for whatever task I'm performing.

Maybe if my garage was a mile away from where I wash my car?

I just wanted all my detailing stuff together and opted for a cart thinking that would be the hot setup. In reality buying or building a wall cabinet would have been a better choice and freed up the floor space as the cart only gets moved to wash the floor :D

I try to keep dedicated tasks together. So one corner of shop has a bench for small fabrication including electrical stuff.  One area and benches is for woodworking and the opposite has steel benches along with with TIG welders, etc.  None of my projects play well together so I keep them apart.

As a detailing "newbie" I envisioned that the cart would get moved to the vehicle but it was a stupid thought.

And.... I wash in the garage so its not far away :mellow:

Edited by rrmccabe