Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brush Hero

Nicksblown71ss

Question

12 answers to this question

x3 on the potential for the bristles scratching.  Test it out on a CD to see how badly it might scratch.

Also, it seems to me that having a lot of water running through it in order to spin the brush would rinse away the Wheel Cleaner too fast, before it gets a chance to work.  The Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool seems like a better option, since it won't scratch and will allow the Wheel Cleaner time to work before rinsing.

Lastly, the key with any washing or scrubbing is to have good lubrication to help remove dirt and grime safely.  Just running that brush with water provides no lubrication, just mechanical scrubbing.  For those already using one, do you have the soap dispenser attachment?

x3 on the potential for the bristles scratching.  Test it out on a CD to see how badly it might scratch.

Also, it seems to me that having a lot of water running through it in order to spin the brush would rinse away the Wheel Cleaner too fast, before it gets a chance to work.  The Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool seems like a better option, since it won't scratch and will allow the Wheel Cleaner time to work before rinsing.

Lastly, the key with any washing or scrubbing is to have good lubrication to help remove dirt and grime safely.  Just running that brush with water provides no lubrication, just mechanical scrubbing.  For those already using one, do you have the soap dispenser attachment?

This.

Looks like a spinning toliet brush.... how soft are those bristles?

This. And it doesn't beat the wheel woolies for getting on the barrels of 10.5" wide wheels on my X5 id have to stick my hand inside the barrels.

I don't personally use the Turbo Stick but the old 3 piece set of Woolies Adams sold and the new angled woolie and a wheel brush for the face are really the only tools I need

My only concern would be the water washing away the chemical too fast.  I personally think the turbo stick has the potential to do way more damage than this brush. At least with this brush the grit can work back into the bristles. With the turbo stick everything is no the surface.

Woolie for me unless I am cleaning inside barrels or the inside of exhaust tips.

It comes with more than one brush. The white one is softer however it is not as soft as my red adams wheel brush. I haven't had any issues with scratching ect however I am only using them on oem wheels. I have done my Camaro and Tiguan with it so far. I just saw the soap attachment and I will be ordering for the safety of more lubrication. I sprayed each wheel with wheel cleaner first, once it started to look like purple sludge I attacked them, this things really speeds up the process of getting the wheel clean and fits in more areas than you would think.

I would be open to adams offering a version that comes with the soap dispenser and the brush attachment with the same red bristles their regular wheel brush has.