Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rubber from track use...??

PT3

Question

Hello - it's been a while since I've been on the forum. My focus shifted from detailing to road course driving and so all my online time is spent researching and ordering parts, and general track / driving / etc research.

Anyway, as you can see from the pic, just after 4 track days.... Added a coupe other pics, including the Cayenne, acting as the 'tow rig' for the GT3.

QUESTION: what do you suggest / use to get rubber marks off?

post-12257-0-11107100-1463902236_thumb.jpeg

post-12257-0-17814000-1463902293_thumb.jpg

post-12257-0-28484200-1463902341_thumb.jpg

post-12257-0-05443100-1463902398_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PT3

21 answers to this question

If it were me, I would start with a clay bar and see if that worked.  Then I would try Tarminator.  Whether it would work or not, I don't know.  But I think it would.  Then re-apply your sealant and or wax.

Good idea. Now why didn't I think of that!! Lol

Great pictures! I bet that car is a blast on the track.

Thanks bud! It IS!!!! Porsche is in a whole diff league from anything I've ever experienced!

Start buying Tarminator by the case.

Lol! Dually noted!

I detail a lot of track cars, I use Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover. It is amazing and the ONLY non-Adam's product I use on detail jobs! I actually began selling it to many of my customers that race their cars.

AWESOME! Thanks bud!

Sooooo jealous of that race car...

Nice to see you back on the forum!

Hey bud.  Thanks!  It's a long time dream coming true!  My passion is DRIVING.  And all the prep, etc...takes a lot of time... hence the lack of my presence here. And the detailing hobby is driven by my need to drive and admire CLEAN cars. 

Tarminator and clay bar have worked for me after driving on the track.

Off topic, I see you're in southeast PA. You drive on the track with PCA Riesentoter by chance?

Hey Scuba-

My 'home chapter' with PCA is Riesentoter... and I have run with them on track.  However, I run with any PCA chapter... and I'll be trying 'TrackTime4Cars' soon.  I'll also eventually check out NASA and SCCA.

If you have access to a pressure washer, use that carefully and try to blast everything off. During washing try soaking it with APC to loosen it, if that doesn't work, try a little wheel cleaner (it has the power to remove tar and road/track contamination). Last resort would be the clay bar, as Adam has told us before, the safest way to clean your car is to not make contact with it. If you do clay, hit the section with Revive Hand Polish afterward to diminish any damage that was done from rubbing clay over the heavy contamination. Clay or not, if you use APC or wheel cleaner you will have to put sealant over the section as APC and wheel cleaner strip protection. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ematt.  I have a Power Washer.  It doesn't take it off.   I haven't tried the clay bar or APC yet either.

Edited by PT3

Hey Scuba-

My 'home chapter' with PCA is Riesentoter... and I have run with them on track.  However, I run with any PCA chapter... and I'll be trying 'TrackTime4Cars' soon.  I'll also eventually check out NASA and SCCA.

Cool. Riesentoter is a great group of folks. I'm running with them at the Glen next month. TT4C seems like a good deal too. Was going to do an HPDE with them a few weeks ago but ran into last minute car trouble. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime in that sweet GT3!

Thanks for posting this I was going to start a similar post because I want to put together a detailing package for a good friends race car and this was going to my first question.

Now I need to find out if Adams glass cleaner is safe for Lexan glass

I can't add anymore about removing the rubber once it is on the car, but I can tell you that my cousin reports that the Liquid Paint Sealant that I put on his car has really helped with the rubber not sticking to it. He used to have a terrible time with rubber on his running boards after his hard burnouts. Pound of prevention worth ...... just my 02 cents

post-319-0-09099800-1465859675_thumb.jpg

Edited by McDuff