Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me understand the process......

clg82

Question

Here is my plan so far....I am working on a 2000 trans am that has a pretty good shine to it already....but will be starting from scratch with adams.....LMK what I'm missing in the process....my goal is to achieve the most amount of shine and depth possible on my white car..

1)Wash with all purpose cleaner and car shampoo to remove prior waxes etc

2) Clay

3)porter cable with paint correcting polish and finishing polish

4)paint sealant

5)brilliant glaze

6)americana

Here is where I get confused....do I need to use a paint sealant after the finishing polish?  what will give me the best amount of shine and in what order after doing the paint sealant and finishing polish.  thanks for any help~Chris

Edited by clg82

20 answers to this question

Paint sealant is the most durable and I would lay that down first after polishing. And then to step up the shine, you can add Brilliant Glaze and then Americana or Patriot Wax.

Damn it lol I thought I had all that I needed....now I need to buy some paint sealant :(  that will probably have to wait until after I'm able to purchase some more towels....any issues with going straight too brilliant glaze and then the Americana.....?

No problem at all. It just won't last as long as Paint Sealant.  But it will look fantastic!

the shine won't last as long?  what type of upkeep are you guys using in between waxes?  detailer spray?  another coat of Americana?  another coat of brilliant glaze?

Paint Sealant lasts longer than any other Adam's product. It can last a good 6 months on a well-maintained car.

Premium waxes will last up to 3 months.

Many of us layer wax on top of sealant to get the longevity of sealant with the depth of wax.

Chris, you always polish first then protect with either PS or a wax. If you want more shine apply a coat of BG after polishing. BG has great shine and some filling properties.

BG and then Americana wax correct? Can I apply BG later on to add some shine or will that affect the Americana?

Edited by clg82

A little more help here. I was watching video for paint sealant and Adam mentioned it was used mostly for daily driven cars. I forgot to mention that this car is only driven on the weekends. Do you still suggest the paint sealant than brilliant glaze than Americana wax?

A little more help here. I was watching video for paint sealant and Adam mentioned it was used mostly for daily driven cars. I forgot to mention that this car is only driven on the weekends. Do you still suggest the paint sealant than brilliant glaze than Americana wax?

Americana is an excellent protective coating and adds a lot of shine. If you don't currently have Paint Sealant then go straight to Brilliant Glaze after polishing. Once the glaze has set and you've buffed off the excess, apply Americana and enjoy the shine.

Don't forget to post before and after pics!

Yes.  That's what I do on my weekender.  I do it twice a year. Sometimes I add a coat or two of wax between semi-yearly sealant applications but mostly a rinseless wash bath and a detail spray wipe-down will bring it back to blinding.

And - yes.  Sealant, then glaze, then wax.   Adding glaze on top will not degrade the wax appreciably and will look fantastic.

BG and then Americana wax correct? Can I apply BG later on to add some shine or will that affect the Americana?

Yes BG then wax, absolutely you can add a coat of BG later. The good thing about BG is it won't build up like wax will.

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet because I noticed that Adams had a memorial day sale going on anyhow, so I bought some more microfiber towels.....the paint sealant and a 6"  pad for application of the paint sealant...how are you guys applying the brilliant glaze?  by hand or by machine?  so my plan is paint sealer than brilliant glaze then Americana....hoping for a good shine after that.  Another question are you guys re-washing after you do the clay?

Edited by clg82

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet because I noticed that Adams had a memorial day sale going on anyhow, so I bought some more microfiber towels.....the paint sealant and a 6"  pad for application of the paint sealant...how are you guys applying the brilliant glaze?  by hand or by machine?  It applies like butter so most of us by hand if we use it. so my plan is paint sealer than brilliant glaze then Americana....hoping for a good shine after that.  you'll have fantastic shine.  Another question are you guys re-washing after you do the clay?  Nope I don't I just make sure to wipe down the clay residue.

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet because I noticed that Adams had a memorial day sale going on anyhow, so I bought some more microfiber towels.....the paint sealant and a 6"  pad for application of the paint sealant...how are you guys applying the brilliant glaze?  by hand or by machine?  It applies like butter so most of us by hand if we use it. so my plan is paint sealer than brilliant glaze then Americana....hoping for a good shine after that.  you'll have fantastic shine.  Another question are you guys re-washing after you do the clay?  Nope I don't I just make sure to wipe down the clay residue.

thanks for the reply ricky...you just use a microfiber towel to wipe down the clay residue?

thanks for the reply ricky...you just use a microfiber towel to wipe down the clay residue?

Yep absolutely just give it a wipe down with diluted rinseless wash, detail spray, or the ready to use Waterless Wash with an mf towel to wipe down the residue.

Yep absolutely just give it a wipe down with diluted rinseless wash, detail spray, or the ready to use Waterless Wash with an mf towel to wipe down the residue.

That's exactly what I did this weekend to the GT350, and it worked like a charm.  Didn't get much contaminant (didn't expect to), but it did pull some off the hood--the car has been in the garage quite a bit, so there hasn't been too much exposure.