Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dropping microfiber towels

Werne1nm

Question

UGH.  

what happens if I drop the towel!!!

I have some cheaper ones with some dead vegetation in it (a dead stem of a plant etc)

Is there anyway to get that stuff out?  Or is it banished into the house for chores around the house?

Also,

Do you guys wash your towels after every use?

What dryer setting do you put it on. etc

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

It should wash but I would shake it first, then try to brush any obvious debris out.

I wash after every use. I try to set drier to a setting that will dry the towels to 90% and air dry the rest of the way. Basically not attempt to over dry them and cause damage

When its done inspect the towels visually and with your hand to make sure they are clean. 

No matter how hard you try your towels are going to grab something from  the towel back, bench, etc.

UGH.  

what happens if I drop the towel!!!

I have some cheaper ones with some dead vegetation in it (a dead stem of a plant etc)

Is there anyway to get that stuff out?  Or is it banished into the house for chores around the house?  After you launder your towels see if it has released from the microfiber - sometimes I have random pieces I have to pick out of my towels.

Also,

Do you guys wash your towels after every use?  If dirty absolutely- If I just wiped an already clean panel with some Detail Spray I'll put it on my shelf and use it until all sides are used.  Don't re-use your towels if dirty

What dryer setting do you put it on. etc

There should be a FAQ thread in the forums somewhere - basically dry them on low heat no fabric sheets obviously.  Excessive heat is not needed

Thanks!

I keep one of those mesh style laundry bags for each type of MF towel I use (plush, waffle weave, workhorse) and when it gets full I wash them. The only exception would be if I am out of Great White's for drying. I wash with a mix of MF det. and Dreft det. (if they aren't terribly dirty I skip the Dreft) with a dash of vinegar in the softener slot. I typically dry for 20 min on low heat then air only for another 20.

Thanks guys.

I have MFR coming today I think i'll wash all my towels, even the cheap ones, and set on LOW dryer.

I always throw a cheapie towel in with the good ones. They will pick up any loose stuff laying around in the washer or dryer and keep it off my good ones.

I always wash after any use that involves touching paint, glass and interior type things I sometimes use more than once. And I have an old helmet bag that I save all my detail towels in until I am ready for a load of just microfiber. And always dry on the lowest setting possible, then I finish on the Air Only cycle.

It should wash but I would shake it first, then try to brush any obvious debris out.

I wash after every use. I try to set drier to a setting that will dry the towels to 90% and air dry the rest of the way. Basically not attempt to over dry them and cause damage

When its done inspect the towels visually and with your hand to make sure they are clean. 

No matter how hard you try your towels are going to grab something from  the towel back, bench, etc.

i wash my towels on med water temp setting and on med temp on dryer for 30 minutes