Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using Microfiber Revitalizer

Cwilliams

Question

10 answers to this question

You'll see some people who use the MR as the detergent by itself and some who use it as an additive to the detergent.  I've used it as the only detergent (in the detergent tray) and had good luck.  Also, the other tip I learned on these boards is to use a 1/4 cup of white vinegar in the fabric softener tray to help rinse out detergent during the rinse cycle.  Finally, run an extra rinse if you can.

Air dry if you can.  Our dryer has an 'Air Fluff' setting which I use on the less-expensive towels.  My good (Adam's) mf towels I'll hang up to dry.

Re: sorting, I borrowed the advice I learned here to sort my towels by the jobs they do so that I don't cross-contaminate products.  I usually sort like this:

• Grunge towels (trim, wheels, undercarriage)
  • Washing and wiping (detail spray, H20, etc.) towels
  • Glass cleaner towels--I always wash these separately

Hope that helps.

I dry mine in the dryer until almost dry, then hang em up to finish drying, and I do different loads based on use and product in towel. I only have white, grey, waterless wash and glass towels, so it isn't that big of a deal to do a load of white ( detail spray and wax) grey (H2O and V.RT) and the rest in separate loads.

I have MFR mixed 1:1 in a bottle with spray nozzle.  I have got the best results by laying my towels down flat and squirting them with the mix.  Flipping and hitting other side. Let soak for a while and tossing in washer with no other soaps. 

Seems to get the most uniform coverage anyway.

I try to keep whites in one and colors in another. New towels will bleed the color the first time they're washed.

My orange are still bleeding after 3-4 lol. 

I can say that with confidence as I have a couple white hand towels that I keep on me when I detail, they were cheap and available at the time. I usually have it in my back pocket or something but comes in handy for cleaning your hands or bottles when you get products or residue on them. Couple of them have turned a nice light shade of orange lol. Im not worried about it in the least just sharing for others. Love the orange towels but they bleed.